• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Minor Milestone

brownie

...probably not a big deal for many of our forum peeps.......but my Airhead ("Igor") just rolled over 150K on my morning commute this morning......had to tell someone....my co-worker cagers could care less!!!:clap

I'm certainly jealous. That's a lot of riding. I doubt if I'll ever see 100K on either of my rides. Not from lack of desire though and I intend on keeping them for the long haul.

Congrats,
Jer

Congrats...that gives us all hope! I'm working towards my first 100K on BMWs. I have to add up miles from the other two bikes, but I need another 5-7K. I better get to ridin'!

I too am at 150k on BMW's

but that's about 7 different bikes.... :bolt

good on you for keeping yours in the fold long enough to reach that goal.

Igor success

Roger....nuttin' special.......bike has rarely been ridden for less than 30 minutes, usually 1 hour or more......very easy on any engine....

-religious oil (only) changes every 2500 miles (Spectro 20w-50)
-oil FILTER changes every 5 or 10,000 miles
-religious valve lash check every 3K miles
-shut fuel off3-5 minutes before shutting engine off....consumes most of fuel in bowls.
-now using Stabil "blue" (marine applications) for eth gas....use REAL gas most of the time
-new valve seats ages ago by Oak, trans o'haul by Oak years ago (circlip).

,,,thanks fer askin'!!!:p

Threadus resurrectus. My R1150RTP has been down for a month. I normally ride every day. I hate putting miles on my R75 (well, I enjoy puttin miles on my R75, but like the odometer where it is), but I'm about to give up and start riding the R75/6 every day, at least for the next week, 90 miles round trip. This bike is normally reserved for weekend spins close to home.

I have 103,000 kilometers, kinda big deal here im stationed in Germany:german i guess, but Im American:usa with a Euro spec BMW, atleast i know these great bikes will last, with care. but not quite 100k miles.

Keep on riding

My R69S turned over 300,000 5 years ago and I sold it. Bet thing I ever did. The man who bought it did a complete restoration and I get to ride it.

Enjoy a great bike and keep us posted on the mileage.

Back