• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

When does 'Official' 2012 Rally INFO appear?

B

birdmanbmw

We're new members/owners and want to make the Rally in MO. Wondering when info about hotels, schedule, etc is published.

It seems like the information is floating around and experienced members are up to speed on the details, but not me.

I know my dealer sold a lot of BMW's this year... so there are probably others like us that want information- official info.

If the rally info is put out next spring- great- just wondering, thanks! Don't want to be 'left out'...

The location (Missouri State Fairgrounds, Sedalia MO, and dates have already been announced. As for hotels, just do an online search for hotels in/around Sedalia. Other info, like entertainment, vendors, seminars, door prizes etc. won't be out until the new year.

The location (Missouri State Fairgrounds, Sedalia MO, and dates have already been announced. As for hotels, just do an online search for hotels in/around Sedalia. Other info, like entertainment, vendors, seminars, door prizes etc. won't be out until the new year.

Mark's advice is spot on. If you're planning on camping, nothing more need be done until 'official' details get published in the Owners News this Spring.

However, if you're hoping to score a motel room, you might want to start a search NOW and make some phone calls to secure a reservation. Anything within a half-hour of Sedalia would work - obviously, the closer to the Fairgrounds, the better.

Good Luck, Welcome to the MOA and see you in Sedalia!! :clap

We're new members/owners and want to make the Rally in MO. Wondering when info about hotels, schedule, etc is published.

It seems like the information is floating around and experienced members are up to speed on the details, but not me.

I know my dealer sold a lot of BMW's this year... so there are probably others like us that want information- official info.

If the rally info is put out next spring- great- just wondering, thanks! Don't want to be 'left out'...
Hi Dave, last year the "official" page went up around December 10th on the International Rally page http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally11 (from the top of this screen). Chances are that would be a place to check in the coming weeks. Gary

Thanks for all the replies and info.

I tried to find a room a couple weeks ago, nothing available in my 'special needs' department- 'non-smoking'. So I was hoping that when they announce the details, they will have some blocks of rooms for the MOA members.

You see where I'm going with this? I'm assuming they do want new members to attend?

Thanks again!

I tried to find a room a couple weeks ago, nothing available in my 'special needs' department- 'non-smoking'. So I was hoping that when they announce the details, they will have some blocks of rooms for the MOA members.

You see where I'm going with this? I'm assuming they do want new members to attend?

Thanks again!

Dave - glad you're using the Forum to 'glean' information about the MOA. It's just one of several sources (i.e. the Owners News, Club membership, direct contact with other members, etc.) that can educate a new member as to what this experience is all about.

Good for you.

As for rooms, while the MOA selects rally sites where approx. 3,000 rooms will be in the general vicinity, snapping one up is another matter. You may wish to consider tent camping (I did that at Gillette, Johnson City and Bloomsburg - all unique memories), as NO reservations needed. Just pay your Rally fee and find a sweet spot to call home for a few nights somewhere on the Rally grounds.

Another option is the Sherpa service - an entrepeneur who transports everything you need for a campsite (tent, sleeping bag, mattress, chair, etc.), sets it up for you and all you do is pay his going rate. It's an option many have taken advantage of and swear by.

As for equating "wanting you to attend" with "having a block of rooms standing by for general membership," that's not feasible. While the MOA blocks the minimum number of rooms needed for it's primary staff, entertainment and rally chairs, it's impossible to provide accomodations for a 'fiesta' that numbers in the many thousands, as these rallies are very popular.

So, bottom line: You are most welcome at the rally, expecially as a new member. Come see what all the hustle and bustle is about. But start out conservatively with your lodging expectations till you've gotten your feet wet at a National. If it's something you like, I'm sure you'll be on the phone within a week of it ending, arranging for whatever style of accomodations you desire for 2013!

Welcome to the MOA and see you and as many other 'newbies' as you can gather, at Sedalia! :wave

Dave, welcome to the club. Put your name on the waiting list with any and all hotels you may be interested in, there are always cancellations as rally time approaches. Also be sure to monitor this forum as many folks will announce that they are cancelling.

Dave, welcome to the club. Put your name on the waiting list with any and all hotels you may be interested in, there are always cancellations as rally time approaches. Also be sure to monitor this forum as many folks will announce that they are cancelling.

I like this idea! Thanks

I recommend Ted

Hi,
Hope you show and enjoy yourself. I find that staying on site gives me an opportunity to rest when I want, wander when I want, and enjoy the evening activities without having to ride afterward. Mayberry Ted's Sherpa Service is a great way to go. We have stayed with him for several years. Last year in the heat, we just picked up some battery powered fans to help move air at night.

On site

For my own safety, I always stay on site. I begin my day with coffee as soon as the first pot is ready. I drink lots of water right through lunch and switch to beer in the afternoon. No way can I get on a motorcycle after 6PM. Well I could, but I would fall off.

Oh, yes, you can camp at the rally site. Along with several thousand friends you haven't met yet. Just remember to bring a good attitude, a lot of smiles, some patience, and a supply of earplugs to help when sleeping. You might look around the website a bit under past rallies for pictures.

I camped on site at the 2009 and 2011 Rally's. It is a great way to meet people and enjoy the Rally. I must admit that the high temperatures at this years Rally made an A/C motel room quite appealing but 100+ temps hopefully are an aberation and not the norm. A Kelty wing/tarp adjacent to your tent gives you shelter from the sun and provides a gathering area for fellow campers.

Thanks again!

I dont know if this helps you or anyone for that matter but the Holiday Inn in Warrensburg has (2) double queen non-smoking rooms still available at a rate of $98.10 per night, breakfast included.

It's about a 25 minute ride to the fairgrounds which I dont mind and they have an indoor pool which I want. After riding there from Chicago and then being outside in the sun and heat all day, I want some creature comforts like air-conditioning, a decent bed and shower and a swimming pool.

Camping is great, it's just not for me.

Last edited:
I dont know if this helps you or anyone for that matter but the Holiday Inn in Warrensburg has (2) double queen non-smoking rooms still available at a rate of $98.10 per night, breakfast included.

It's about a 25 minute ride to the fairgrounds which I dont mind and they have an indoor pool which I want. After riding there from Chicago and then being outside in the sun and heat all day, I want some creature comforts like airconditioning, a decent bed and shower and a swimming pool.

Camping is great, it's just not for me.

Good stuff Scott, thanks-- I just made the res. I'm ok for camping, but the wife needs the room- ha...

Good stuff Scott, thanks-- I just made the res. I'm ok for camping, but the wife needs the room- ha...

Your welcome Dave, I'm glad it worked out for you.

This will be my 1st rally and I can't wait. I plan to volunteer
for something, what I dont know yet, but will cross that
bridge when I get to it.

Lets all hope for good weather.

Jerry- Ha. My wife didn't know you could pee outdoors-- until she was twenty/something. I kid you not... by then it was too late to change.

We'll look for you in MO, Scott!

Back