• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Arkansas 2007

cardno7

'02 1150 RT
Confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers on the way to Arkansas.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 190
Cliff House

Great view from the restaurant. Our first ride down here and the roads are twisting and hilly...just right.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 189
Dorena-Hickman Ferry

Ferry ride from Missouri back to our home base of Kentucky.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 188
Did a visit to the Ozarks in 2008. We stopped on two seperate occaisions @ the Cliff House to eat at the restaurant, but they were closed both times.

Arkansas has some fantastic roads for the motorcycle enthusiast.

Sweet 16

Arkansas has a lot of scenic byways. One that I highly recommend is Arkansas Highway 16. Siloam Springs is on the western end, to Searcy on the eastern end. Other than Fayetteville, mostly rural, mountainous, and totally great riding. Ride it and get back to me and tell how much you enjoyed it. Sweet 16

I did some riding around there recently... researching the area for this year's GS Giant.

There is no end to the gravel roads in this area, and there are also some nice OHV areas that even the heavy bikes can handle.... :evil

All the makin's of a right fine GS Gypsy Tour, if'n you ask me. :thumb

ian

Arkansas has a lot of scenic byways. One that I highly recommend is Arkansas Highway 16. Siloam Springs is on the western end, to Searcy on the eastern end. Other than Fayetteville, mostly rural, mountainous, and totally great riding. Ride it and get back to me and tell how much you enjoyed it. Sweet 16

My riding buds and I rode a strecth of it in 2008. We stayed in one of the chalets built for the ski resort at the now defunct Dogpatch Usa in Marble Falls. We went north on hwy 7 to Harrison, then west on US 62 TO Eureka Springs, where we stopped for lunch. We took Ark 23 south to the intersection with 16 and turned east on 16. We rode 16 all the way to the intersection with Ark 123. From there we turned north on 123 to 74 and picked up 7 in Jasper going north back to Marble Falls.

The ride that day was one of the best. Traffic was light, great scenery, and the weather was perfect for an early spring day. Good riding on some great roads!

Ahhhh... nice memories. I paused at the bottom of Illinois (the most southern 5 feet), at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. Wow. Quite the sight. Was like two moving, massively churning, merging lakes right in front of me. The Mississippi on the right, the Ohio on the left. Intimidating...
2rivers.jpg

Back