• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Before the National... 2012 Top Of Rockies Rally

Where is a nice town/city to "take-in" a July 4th Independence Day in Colorado?

Will be arriving in state the day before, from the east.... somewhere along/near
I-25 between Co Springs & Ft Collins... or maybe in the ski resort areas, I'm open.

I'll be coming into TOR from the West or South West. Can't suggest any Colorado town for a July fourth visit, never been out there on the fourth. Last July fourth I was in a Army Corps of Engineer campground on the Mississippi and could see the fireworks from four towns on the other bank.

Will be arriving in state the day before, from the east.... somewhere along/near
I-25 between Co Springs & Ft Collins... or maybe in the ski resort areas, I'm open.

If looking for fireworks, most are cancelled due to the tinder dry conditions. Was going to suggest Breckenridge because while riding through there the other day I read where they were the only Summit County location still planning on having fireworks, but even this has now been cancelled. If looking for fireworks there could still be events in some of the big municipalities along the I-25/Front Range corridor, but I think I would still head to the mountains to cool off, and go to where most resort towns have something festive planned.

Spent two 4th's in Durango had great fire works then in 05 the fireworks started a fire in the towns grave yard. Strator Hotel great restaurant and bar. Adobe Inn clean cheap and motorcycle friendly. I'll be leaving Blairsville on the 7th or 8th see ya in Paonia on Wed.!

Last edited:
Any OARK Attendee's?

I'm passsing through Colorado a tad late for the entire rally (TOR), but will be in route for Arkansas for GSGiants activities. Anybody from TOR going my way, I'd like to meet up. There should be 100s of riders going East from Colorado to MO., but how many for OARK, Arkanasas? I may make TOR by Saturday early enough to show my face. The GS Thing in Oark starts Sunday for dinner!!! Randy:thumb

Randy.... I believe your correct; anyone planning a afternoon Sunday dinner in
AR wont likely be in Paonia beyond early breakfast! And I would'nt want that ride
for GSGaints; there MUST be points for that!!! It may "cut" into TOR attendance
a little; I'll hold your door prize tickets if it will help. :brow

Travel'in John

Miles?

I'm not sure the miles from TOR to Oark,Ark, but its got to be far:). Probably in the 750m range give or take. I won't be registering for the TOR rally, but ya'll be sure enjoy it. A fine rally. Hope the Colorado fires are not near Paonia? My tickets would not likely help ya out anyways, as I rarely win anything! Good luck, see ya'll in MO..Randy

Vail/Avon has lots going on. I'm there now at the STAR 2012 rally. Avon is a great place to chill for a few days!!!

Back