• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

The Video Thread

kbasa

I'm now the owner of a nifty GoPro HD and have been having some fun shooting video on it. Am I the only one here that's doing this? Clicky clicky to play! I like the segment from about 6:00 in.

The locale is Lucas Valley Road. I ride this road almost every weekend and never tire of it. The first big corner is about a mile from my house.

Dave I am embarrassed to say I've owned one for a few months and have yet to try it out.
I am so ashamed.
Side case mount?
If that's your first attempt I am impressed.
Did you cross a double yellow? :stick

Nice

That morning sunlight colored the ride nicely. Were those a pair of wild turkeys at about 1:17?

anyway thanks for sharing.

Video... Who'd shoot video? :D

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1459218766_SFPvTsJ?width=640&height=360"></iframe>

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1424348477_k8tM4Fq?width=640&height=360"></iframe>

Both of those were shot with a bike mounted Contour HD camera; the older version that only does 720p. I'm thinking of adding a second camera for multiple POV. maybe the new go pro, or maybe the soon to be released Drift HD.

Don't get me started on recording rides! http://rmridervideo.com

I've made every mistake one could make, and still repeat them.
lol.gif

Selectively recording rides is a wonderful way to relive/revisit the journey or adventure.

Dave I am embarrassed to say I've owned one for a few months and have yet to try it out.
I am so ashamed.
Side case mount?
If that's your first attempt I am impressed.
Did you cross a double yellow? :stick

Thanks and yeah, pretty much my first attempt. Obviously, I need to work on editing...

I used a GoPro HD and used the suction cup mount to attach it to the tank of the R100.

I need to work on shorter clips interspersed with clips of other viewpoints. I've got a helmet mount and am adding a mount to show things like hands, speedometers, shifting feet and that sort of thing.

I should be able to cook up some pretty awful stuff in the near future. :ha

I think that was some kind of refraction that made it look like I was over there. Parallax error...

Editing

Dave Swider brought up a good point, editing.
I am curious as to what you (speaking editorially) might be using to edit your video shoots?

Thanks.

Very nice, Dave! But how were yoiu able to deal with ALL that traffic? :dunno

Unless of course, it was all stacked up behind you. :lol

Dave Swider brought up a good point, editing.
I am curious as to what you (speaking editorially) might be using to edit your video shoots?

Didn't we just have this thread? Lots of PC choices under $100. http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/ for some reviews. On the Mac side there is always iMovie already sitting on your machine. You can now also get Adobe Premiere Elements from the App Store. Or Final Cut Pro X at about $300. Or go crazy and spend $2500 for the newest version of Avid Media Composer. :bolt

Yeah probably but I was not paying attention.
Tell ya what, next time you see me, slap me.
But I'll slap you back! :ha

Seriously though, thanks.
(Don't thank him! But he was so nice Nice schmice, we're gonna slap him next time, aren't we? Must you argue about everything?! YES!)

Now can you do anything about the ridiculously straight roads around here?
Just kidding!

Could this be the new oil/tires/FD thread?

Very nice, Dave! But how were yoiu able to deal with ALL that traffic? :dunno

Unless of course, it was all stacked up behind you. :lol

Thanks! I live in the Other California, the one you don't see on TV. Believe it or not, I'm all of 15 miles outside of San Francisco.

One thing I'm rarely accused of is holding up traffic. :evil

We must ride together someday.
Sorry if I crapped all over your thread.
I shall fix it with some posts directly.

Yes, we must ride together some day.

Like I'm worried about a thread. I've got others. :D:ha

In any case, I've been using iMovie and a trial version of Final Cut Pro. I really like Final Cut Pro. However, now that I've managed to stuff my Macbook full, I need to figure out how to move my entire iMovie library out to a networked drive. That's going to be this weekend's effort, I think.

HTML:
Thanks! I live in the Other California, the one you don't see on TV. Believe it or not, I'm all of 15 miles outside of San Francisco.

Lucas Valley Road...one of my favorite rides in the Bay Area. Now you have let the secret out! Great video.

One thing I'm rarely accused of is holding up traffic. :evil

When I got to SF in 1981, I turned left and headed south to LA. Still looking forward to the other PCH. :thumb

Back