• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Video Thread

nicely mounted ....

There's snow and ice on the roads so I was looking through this thread for some couch and fireside riding.

Here is a video I took last year in western Virginia on Rt 60 leading to the BRP with my GoPro Hero 2 camera mounted on the forward edge of the left pannier. I didn't add music, BMW did it for me.

Its my first try at linking to my Smugmug account for a video. Someone please let me know if it isn't showing up ok.
Thanks,
Tom

Too bad that Lexus got in the way, Watching that video Tom, I wanted to be there!

Camera placement looked good.

GoPro 3

I want to take some of my own video and was looking at the GoPro 3 but read some reviews that said the firmware was not ready for prime time. Anyone out there have the new one? What do you think? I'm interested in the Black Edition.

Thanks,

Lost Rider - I had just watched some of your videos posted to another forum. I envy your filming and editing skills. .....And the riding's not too shabby either. Nicely done.

Why thank you! Though I have to give credit where it's due and in this video, my Nancy was the one doing the filming and fun riding at least half the time. :love
I'm a lucky guy to have such a great women to ride with.

Way back when I had my first bike. A 2000 Bandit 1200S

Testing out one of those 8 dollar Chinese key chain cameras. Once you got the aim worked out right they were pretty good units

Not motorcycle related but still a fun time at Big Bend

From a recent ride on one of my favorite roads.

[video=vimeo;65480388]http://vimeo.com/65480388[/video]

Smile Terence, it's supposed to be fun!

i-HsrMpJ5.jpg

Terence, Know PA125 road well... That and PA339 are some of my favorites.. the video doesn't get across how twisty it can be... I know, FUN ROAD!!

Good Job!

newbie + video = newdeo?

Just getting into this bike video thing as I picked up a gopro over the winter. One thing I did was get a cheap ($15) powered lapel mic and ran it from the camera mounted above the light, through the fairing, and mounted it above the exhaust. Gets rid of all of the wind noise and picks up not only the exhaust but the gear changes as well. Here is a ride from the other week up at the Great River Road rally in Soldiers Grove Wi. I certainly need to get some "other perspective" shots, and do some more cutting and blending... buts it's getting there! And I'm having a blast which is really what it's all about, right?

What follows is an accumulation of video & images from 2 separate tours of New Mexico, Utah & Arizona..........
one in September & one in January ~ all in 2min/17sec...........

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/75095361?color=f5ff33" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p>

Last edited:
I finally put together about 3 minutes of video I shot last April showing the Wildrose entrance to Death Valley. This was shot mainly to show some of my RT riding friends that the road easily doable on any bike. The video ends where the two lane twisties start.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2939316088_sVxKW78?width=640&height=360&albumId=14428225&albumKey=VRMXBx"></iframe>

Last edited:
Back