• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Glacier National Park

The famous one. :thumb

I don't see riffles on the lake; that must have been the only quiet day for the whole summer.

been there...on our return from the Spokane rally...wow has it been that long? I would love to go back...thanks for sharing the picture!

Beautiful place I was also there for a few days after Spokane. It seems like a few months ago! It is possibly my favorite national park!
Thanx for the pic and memories.

Our Pal we met at the top;

Going to the Sun Highway, inside the park:). Its a favortite alright, been there a few times. This trip we were coming home from Wisconsin National Rally, West Bend on our KLT1200. Swam in McDonald lake, not so bad considering where the water comes from. The shore line, shallower waters are not bad for swimming, as the sun helps:). Randy

Attachments

• Glacier Big Horn sheep checking us out.jpg
    Glacier Big Horn sheep checking us out.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 425
Our GSA Burp:)

Yep, rode this a few years, without any GS/GSA in the family. I have gone back to my offroad ways:). GSA1200 today, but this KLT1200 performed flawlessly for 98000m..Our homebuilt, great trailer worked equally well:), as we camped a lot... Here on the climb to the top, coming from the North Entrance GNP, Montana. Randy

Attachments

• Glacier stream.jpg
    Glacier stream.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 424
Were there for my nieces , a Park Ranger, wedding mid June 2010.

910679425_RsEod-M.jpg
[/IMG]

Here at the still closed Going to the Sun turnaround on the west side.

My niece says the bighorns come in to the parking lots seeking out antifreeze puddles under the cars. And folks try to go pet them. :nono
Lake McDonald was calm as the backdrop to the wedding at the Apgar Ampitheater that day as well...still cold!

910652558_yhDCU-M.jpg

This road on the west side to the border was full of potholes...but my R Bike riding partner had a blast

910649645_8k7gn-M.jpg

the smooth section before I put the camera away

Last edited:
Yep:)

Them there horns are "real" and if anyone has ever seen them in action, clashing with one another, butting heads? Its a nature phenom, unreal. Humans petting these critters would make another photo moment indeed, IF this old guy got upset. They sure are a sight to behold, however and so close:). I could only hope my bike did not resemble a threat to this guy:). I'd lose! GNP, indeed one of our National Treasures and shared with Canada's Border and the ONLY one of its kind in NAmerica, shared on a border. Be sure not to miss the other side, carry your Passport:). Waterton International Peace Park is Canada's:). Just awesome.

If anyone is taking the time to visit Glacier, I highly reccomend popping across the border to the Waterton National park, the other half of the international park. Its like Banff without all the over-commercialization and hordes of tourists. Not so much a spot for riding, but still very enjoyable and lots of good hiking trails.

Waterton...very nice. From mid June 2010 trip. I don't have any in town shots, touristy, but not bad as some locations as mentioned and lot's of outdoor venues to eat
:thumb
P1010015-M.jpg

At the gateway

P1010022-M.jpg

This could be seen for a bit after entering the park

P1010024-M.jpg

the back side of that same hotel looking out towards the lake. The Prince Of Wales Hotel. Very windy up on the point...did I mention windy?

DSC01892-M.jpg

looking down on Waterton on lower right. My sister and niece have taken a boat way down that lake to hike& camp...with 6' waves coming over the deck! Hard to bellieve seeing it this day.

I camped there:)

Camped on the waterfront of this lake, just past the town. It was windy, waves BIG. Bears GOT close to town too, BIG Grizzley type, Black bears too. They pretty much left us alone, but never been so close camping with a critter that considers ME on the menu! Randy

Jackson Hole

Buffalo. Not a bear but large enough to give time to pass before entering the campground.

Attachments

• Trip West 2009 064.jpg
    Trip West 2009 064.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 245
My sister and niece have taken a boat trip way down that lake to hike & camp...henzilla

That's the Crypt Lake trail, which involves a crawl through a tunnel. The site of the Grizzly Bear attack on Patricia Van Tighem, which she wrote about in her book: "The Bear's Embrace".

Nice pics. :thumb

This is my favorite pic of Glacier early in the morining as we were just starting up the Going To The Sun Highway. We were on our way home from the National in Redmond 2 years ago.

Rick G

Attachments

• Glacier National Park.jpg
    Glacier National Park.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 189
This is my favorite shot, "the least photographed tree". Having seen the West side up to the "Weeping Wall" we took Hwy2 to the East entrance and back to Kalispell, good road.
The following day {opening day} we got over the top the from the West side with lots of traffic & mud, and back again on Hwy2.
Going in from the East side is my preference.

Attachments

• The least photograghed tree.jpg
    The least photograghed tree.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 155
Back