• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Walnuts!

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
Never mind damp leaves on the corners, us folk down here in the
Ozarks have to contend with walnuts on the roads! Ever try to ride over ball bearings?

Its never boring in the Ozarks!:D

Walnuts and golf balls, same thing when riding. I almost hit a golf ball lying in the middle of the road. Beware of golfing areas.

When I lived in Santa Barbara I remember mashed olives in the street under the olive trees. Talk about slippery!

Never mind damp leaves on the corners, us folk down here in the
Ozarks have to contend with walnuts on the roads! Ever try to ride over ball bearings?

Its never boring in the Ozarks!:D

Squirrels call them "ISD's"; Improvised Slippery Devises! :laugh

Tom

Locally, it's truckloads of tomatoes in early September. When they go around corners they always shed a few and there are tomato paste slicks.

I remember the tomato trucks! We had a Del Monte plant in San Jose, CA. From late June until the end of summer there were tomatoes all over the freeway. They'd pile up on the right shoulder. The smell from the plant wafting across the road when the wind was right was pretty intense too.

Between black walnuts and moles, my backyard is like a mine field of ankle twisting bombs.

The tree will be taken care of next spring (it's mostly dead/dying anyway), but the moles may prove to be more difficult.

And yes, walnut covered streets make me squeemish.

Way back in 1969 I was riding my 250 BSA to fight school and went around a corner and wiped out after hitting a flock of worms.:)

Back