Thread: Starting a new Chartered Club in the Appleton, WI area

Starting a new Chartered Club in the Appleton, WI area

Hello all,

I recently moved back up to NE Wisconsin after several years in Illinois, I was (still am actually) a member (past president) of the Illinois Vally BMW MOA #70, great club centered on riding and frienship, many happy memories.

I would like to start a club in the Appleton area for folks who love to ride, I ride year round (2010 GS Adventure and a S1000RR) and usually exceed 20K miles a year.

If you are interested, please drop me a line at ironrey8@live.com would love to hear from you and would like to start thinking about some great rides for next year.

Thanks,
    Ryan

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    There is already a chartered club in the Appleton area, along with the one in Green Bay.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep

The club closest to you is the Badger Beemers located in Greenville. The club contact is Dale Geske (dgeske75@yahoo.com). More contact info and activities can be found at http://www.badgermotorcyclistsofwisconsin.com/.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

And don't forget the Wisconsin BMW CLub. We meet in New Berlin every first Friday and we have a snowflake ride this coming Saturday, Nov 19th. Meet in Oconomowoc, WI. PM me for all the details. We'd love to have you join us. Everyone is welcome!
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Kirbster919
    Ahh, I just moved from Appleton to Illinois!

Yes, there are some clubs up there. There also are quite a few BMWs that go to "Two-Wheel Tuesdays" at a bar/grill in Neenah during the summer. I only dropped by those events a handful of times, but there is always a few airheads and some newer bikes.

If memory serves, make sure you check out "Olde Road" in the Oshkosh area (just West of 41) once the weather clears. It is a nice ride.

For being so small, Appleton is a great area.

Kirbster919
    Just noted you said "back up" to Wisconsin, so you know the area. Nevermind!