• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RA National Rally in Breckenridge 14-17 June 2012

SGTBILL

The Big Red One
Anyone know when Top 'O the Rockies is next year? Normally it is a week before or a week after the MOA National. Since Sedalia is in mid- July, I'm not sure there will be time to do all three RA, TOTR, and Sedalia). But I want to. :thumb

Might be able to stretch things out if TOTR is between the two Nationals....

I saw this on the BMW Sport Touring forum:

"The 2012 Top O' The Rockies Rally in Paonia, CO will be July 12-15th, 2012. "

Now Officially announced on Colorado BMW Club web-site

Top of the Rockies Rally 2012 "The" Rally before the Rally! TOR2012

Friday till Sunday, July 12 - 15th before the National

Co allows you to cool your seat before Mo heats your feet!

Thats called the "Co-Mo two step"!!!:brow

Travel'in John...Privateer Rider 04R1150R

Last edited:
How is the RA rally? I went to the MOA rally in Oregon, my first & had a blast. Due to time off constraints, my buddy & I are thinking of doing the RA instead of the MOA, since we can chop off at least 2-4 days needed.

Also, between TOR & RA, what is each like.

We are 40-somethings, ride RTs & did enjoy camping at the Oregon rally. We also enjoyed the riding, the vendors & the entertainment.

The MOA and RA rallies are both great. Next year's RA rally will be a first at Copper Mountain. The RA rally has less vendors. Last year we had 30 (I think). The MOA has everybody and is a much larger affair.

Many more people at the MOA rally. 7,000-10,000. The RA has 600-2500.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. Try and go to both if you can. I look forward to attending both.
:thumb
Tina

I would love to do both, but my traveling buddies are only up for one & are definitely leaning toward the shorter trip. I was getting mixed signals on going to Missouri, but when I mention CO, they jumped on board. So, in reality, it is either me going to MO by myself, or going to CO with 2 buddies...

TOR is one of the best local rallies going. Good bands that are local to CO- rock, blues, bluegrass, "classic rock", etc. on 3 nights (well, good bands on 2 nights, and "some music" on Th night). Fabulous riding (Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Million Dollar Hiway, Dolores River Road, Grand Mesa, Colorado National Monument, etc.) within easy reach, including numerous d/s options for those who like to go gs-ing. Great atmosphere- the whole town supports the event, and the rally always gives back to Paonia. Shaded and open camping, your choice. Some limited b&b in town, but you probably already needed to make reservations for that. Typical turnout is 600-900. With the Sedalia National one week later, i'd expect to see closer to 900.

Bmwra

The BMW Riders Association is the other national level club...and rally.

Here is their website www.bmwra.org

I have been a member of both MOA and RA. Both are fine clubs that conduct great rallies.

Back