• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Shoei Multitec helmet

I like mine. It fits better than any other modular helmet I have test fitted. All the others make contact with my chin. Reasonably well ventilated and quieter than other modular designs. I wish it had a removable liner.

Shoei's seem to fit my head the best, and they are high quality. I've had my multitec for about three months and really like it.

Attachments

• IMGP3917.jpg
    IMGP3917.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 2,400
Thanks for the input, Ive tried one on and liked it. Am replacing a HJC modular after a wreck. I also wish it had the removable liner.......

I purchased one last year to replace my Nolan. Unfortunately, life has thrown me a curve ball over the past year, and riding has been extremely limited. But, I'm happy with the helmet. It's not perfect, but then again--no helmet is. I may have purchased the Schuberth C3, but it was not available in the US at the time.

As far as head shape goes, I find it interesting to note that the Syncrotec was uncomfortable, while the Multitec is very comfortable. So, the head shape appears to have been changed. Of course it's possible that my head changed over the past five or so years, but I wouldn't even know how to document that.

No experience with the Multitec, but I had a Schuberth Concept for several years.

My wife and I each just got a Nolan N90 based on the reviews on Webbikeworld (it won their award as 2010 helmet of the year) and elsewhere. Internal flip down sun shield, pinlock anti fog insert and removable liner as well. I like it better than the Schuberth and at less than half the price it's a bargain. I'd recommend giving them a look.

I've been with a multi-tec for about two years. The chin bar is a tad close if you deal with any com gear. Otherwise no complaints. I've checked out the Shuberth C3, but the cheeks don't fit quite right.

too many choices

No experience with the Multitec, but I had a Schuberth Concept for several years.

My wife and I each just got a Nolan N90 based on the reviews on Webbikeworld (it won their award as 2010 helmet of the year) and elsewhere. Internal flip down sun shield, pinlock anti fog insert and removable liner as well. I like it better than the Schuberth and at less than half the price it's a bargain. I'd recommend giving them a look.

Thanks for your input....Looking for a new one also. I've got a Nolan now, and I hope the new Nolan will fit my melon a tad better than my old one. I tried a full face, but I don't like having to yank them on!

Thanks again
Will in Indy

I've had mine for 3 years now & over 100,000 miles later it still fits perfect. I bought a Scoripion Module a few months ago & it just sits on the shelf.

I'm a Shoei head as well. There's no question of the quality of the Multitech.

When the Schuberth C3 came out, I bought one. Within a week, I bought one for my wife. My C3 now has over 30,000 miles on it and I think it's the best helmet I've ever owned.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showpost.php?p=667833&postcount=18

You can pick up a Multitech for roughly a third of the cost of a C3. It's certainly the best value between the two but there are features on the C3 that I prefer.

For what it's worth, I have both the Shoei RF1000 for four seasons and the Multitec for two. I'm using the Multitec almost every ride. I'd recommend it. I'd also recommend getting the Pinlock visor for it.

I have been a Shoei user for over 30 years. I am currently on my second Multitec after 104k and love it. Shoei just fits me the best, and has not given me any reason to change.

Every head is different and you might find another manufacturer better suited for you.

As others have previously stated......I too am pleased with my Multitec.....I find it very comfortable on my melon..........:thumb

I have a Multitech and a C3. The Shoei fits me well and I think it is as quiet as the C3, just a little bit heavier.

I picked up a MultiTech from another forum member a short time ago. He bought it , wore it for a couple of hours and decided it was not for him.

I am very pleased with the fit , finish and comfort of this helmet. I have owned several other flip up styles from Schuberth to HJC including a Nolan , this one fits me better than any of those, it is also the quietest of the bunch.

I like the pin lock style visor for its anti fog capabilities, but miss the drop down sunshade of the others.

Since i still need to remove my glasses to either put the MultiTech on or take it off, I believe i would just as soon have a regular full faced helmet that is both lighter and quieter than a flip up style.

My 2 cents

I've had my Multitec for almost 3 years. Before that I had Fulmer and FJR flip ups and the Shoei is much better. I changed the cheek pads to a thinner pad and it made the helmet very comfortable. They also make a thicker than stock cheek pad as well. I've also done a test ride with the C3 and thought that it was noisier than the Shoei and did not like the fit as well. Hated the C3 chin curtain sitting right up against the bottom of my chin. I prefer to wear sunglasses so a drop down sun visor is not a big deal and I can put the Shoei on easily while wearing the sunglasses. As to the removable liner, yea it would be nice but I've gotten in the habit of putting a dryer sheet in the helmet when not riding and it keeps it smelling fresh. A pinlock shield and insert is a must for cold riding. The Multitec does fog very easily.

Evidently Shoei is about to introduce a new model called Neotec. It's available now in Europe and maybe in the US in about 2 or 3 months. (Revzilla's site has some details).

To me it looks like its features are the same as or better than the Schuberth C3's.

Last edited:
I really like my Multitec. Alltime favorite helmet. About to buy my wife one. I may replace mine with a C3 but having a hard time deciding which one fits the best...its just about a toss up. I wouldn't even consider the C3 except for the flip down sun visor...anxious to see what the Neotec mentioned in an earlier post looks like.

Back