• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Adding Routes to a Zumo 665?

greenwald

Got my son a GARMIN Zumo 665 for Christmas. Are there web sites I could direct him to when it comes to planning and downloading routes he wishes to create on his laptop to put into the unit?

I will admit that though I already have the Zumo 660, I have no clue how to do this, and would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks! :wave

We use the MapSource software that came with our 550's. Don't know if it came with 660's?

I haven't done much with routes, not my idea of the best way to travel, but I have imported a few. Just put them on the memory card and find the menu that says import routes.

If I'm not mistaken, the 660/665 will find them automagically and ask if you want to import them.

What a nice buffet or responses.

Hopefully, he will come home from Iraq soon and make it back to Wisconsin for the holidays.

I will then show him this entire thread and let him play with the sites.

Again - Thanks! :clap

Points of Interest

poi-factory.com is a good site. You can add different Points of Interest (All the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive locations, all Interstate rest stops, etc) to your (or his) Garmin. And the above mentioned zumoforum.com is a great site for any general questions about the GPS. It's free to register and they don't send junk emails.

About your son coming home soon; I came home from my latest Iraq deployment Nov 18th of last year. It'll be somewhat challenging for him once he first gets home to settle into "home mode". I guess it took me a good 9 months to stop thinking I had to go back to the warzone and also to be able to sleep all the way though the night. Having good friends and a loving family will help ease his transition. Just give him some space when he needs it.

Welcome home and thanks for your service.

C

poi-factory.com is a good site. You can add different Points of Interest (All the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive locations, all Interstate rest stops, etc) to your (or his) Garmin. And the above mentioned zumoforum.com is a great site for any general questions about the GPS. It's free to register and they don't send junk emails.

About your son coming home soon; I came home from my latest Iraq deployment Nov 18th of last year. It'll be somewhat challenging for him once he first gets home to settle into "home mode". I guess it took me a good 9 months to stop thinking I had to go back to the warzone and also to be able to sleep all the way though the night. Having good friends and a loving family will help ease his transition. Just give him some space when he needs it.

Welcome home and thanks for your service.

C

Appreciate the advice. Will support him any way I can, and he will see this post. :thumb

Back