• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 BMW Riders Campout, PA

gsjay

10th Annual BMW Riders Campout

Somerset, Pa
June 15, 16, 17, 2012

10th Annual Laurel Highlands BMW Riders Campout
Father’s Day Weekend. Bring Dad,bring the kids!

We return to Pioneer Park Campground, located in south central Pennsylvania. Pioneer Park is a terrific full-service camping resort with excellent showers and facilities, minutes away from the Pa. Turnpike Exit #10, Somerset, Pa. or the Donegal exit #9.

Directions: From Somerset, Rt. 31 W. 7 miles to campground.
From Donegal, Rt. 31 E 12 miles.

Cost is just $40.00 for the full weekend and includes, two nights camping, three meals, loads of door prizes, self-guided ride info and 10th Annual rally pin for the first 100 pre registrants.

Somerset is home to the new National Park at the Flight 93 crash site. Frank Lloyd Wright’s master piece Fallingwater is 40 minutes away. You are only 30 minutes from Historic Johnstown Pa, and its Flood Museum and National Park. There is great riding in any direction with many self-guided tours available. Easily reach into West Virginia, Western Md and parts of Virginia for great riding.

Friday evening enjoy Gourmet Dump Stew (bring a can or 2 to add to the pot), hotdogs & snacks till their gone. Morning Coffee & tea.
Saturday evening Chicken BBQ Dinner, tons of door prizes.
Hearty send-off breakfast Sunday morning!

Pavilion, picnic tables, hot showers, campfires allowed-wood provided! Motels & Restaurants nearby. Sat. night campground band!

Discount for one night, not camping or 16 or younger.

Info: George Blackham IV, gjbiv1stsgtusmc@yahoo.com
or Jason Kaplitz; gsjay@kaplitz.com (814) 535-8669
Pre-registration appreciated- Send check/name/ contact info to:
LHBMWR C/O 840 Basin Dr. Windber Pa. 15963

Last edited:
Hey, Jay!

Still wear my Flood City Concours Rally T-shirts.
Sounds like a tempting offer you have here, I may just point the R this way and join you.
Cheers,
Tony

I'm tempted to come just for the dump stew because I have a can of alligator that's been in my pantry for some time. Seriously.

I'm tempted to come just for the dump stew because I have a can of alligator that's been in my pantry for some time. Seriously.

we've dumped weirder things in.....................
maybe not.

Come on down, love to have you and your alligator!

jason

Great Eats

If you're coming into our rally from the west and you're hungry you'll want to keep your eye open for this restaurant just east of Donegal. It's about 8 miles from our campout site.

http://www.outofthefirecafe.com/

It's a just a wonderful stop! One of the most unique eateries in the area.

I highly recommend a stop. The steamed mussels are out of this world!

The smoked Salmon is also wonderful!

jason

Our campout is only 2 weeks away.

Who's coming?

It's our 10 anniversary and we're looking for a record crowd!

Lots of Door prize have been arriving and we'll have a cool 10 year tee shirt for sale.

Hope to see you.

Jason

dump stew

hi I have been to your very good rally a couple of years ago, with my brother John, he has to work so I may come on down on my own the question is, what is dump stew ?. I was going to bring a can or two of stew ?,the wife says, I should bring cans of veggies, carrots, or mixed veggies ? is she right hope to arrive around 4 or 5 pm coming off 219 south

hi I have been to your very good rally a couple of years ago, with my brother John, he has to work so I may come on down on my own the question is, what is dump stew ?. I was going to bring a can or two of stew ?,the wife says, I should bring cans of veggies, carrots, or mixed veggies ? is she right hope to arrive around 4 or 5 pm coming off 219 south

Your wife is correct!
Veggies, beans, tomato anything...................
We've had some weird stuff over the years. Pineapple, corned beef, cocktail onions. Always turns out great.

We'll have the pot brewing when you arrive.

We're expecting a good crowd, with the weather being nice & it's our 10th anniversary!

jason

Campout a Success

Well I'm glad to report that our 10th Annual Campout was a success.

We had 97 paid attendees, perfect weather and the new caterer did a fantastic job with the Roast Beef, BB@ Chicken & fixings!!

And our first attempt at a pancake breakfast was also a huge success thanks to our chef Ken Wagner!

Thanks to all that attended, hope to see you next Fathers Day for out 11th Annual BMW Riders Campout.

Jason

Great Rally

Jason and all the Laurel Highland BMW Riders:

Thank you for hosting an excellent rally. The location is wonderful with great camping and lots of great roads. Friendly people and fun riding - you can't beat that combination.

great rally

Hi just a note to thank you all for a great weekend ,which was spent with some very good company Hi Jim and Ron,and others whose names I have forgotten sorry:wave ,delivered the mixed veggies as instructed by the wife,was even assisted off the bike (bad knees) on arrival ! visited the flight 93 memorial .
good run home ,was given my first speeding ticket,he reduced the speed so I would not collect points, didnt ticket the three cars in front or the two behind ,!!
over the border in no time and got hit by torential rain for about an hour ,all in all a great weekend,thanks Jimmy:wave

Back