• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The RALLY before the RALLY

Ken F

IBA #44567
There have been a lot of negative posts about Sedalia as the location for the National Rally this coming year. To those nay-sayers I offer the following pictures and must agree.
What an ugly place...who would want to ride a motorcycle in Missouri?

Our local club The Springfield BMW Roadriders "Club" (MOA chartered club #8) has decided to move the date for our rally in Crane MO this year to the weekend before the Nationals so that MOA members can come and camp out in the southern part of the state in order to take in some of the good "twisties" in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas! More info at www.MotoMO.org

There is great camping (w/showers) and a spring fed creek onsite too!
On to the pictures:

DSC07356.jpg

DSC07351.jpg

DSC07349.jpg

DSC07348.jpg

DSC07344.jpg

DSC07343.jpg

nice....

I was down that way two weeks ago, doing some research for the GS Giant. This year the event will be MO bigga!

Excellent riding there in southern Missouri and northern Arkansas.

We'll be down there, too... pounding ground and pounding down beer and groceries. :buds

ian

I was down that way two weeks ago, doing some research for the GS Giant. This year the event will be MO bigga!

Excellent riding there in southern Missouri and northern Arkansas.

We'll be down there, too... pounding ground and pounding down beer and groceries. :buds

ian

:thumb:thumb:thumb
MO BIGGA GOOD
MO Good Friends
MO Dirty GS's
MO Good Food
MO Good Beer
MO Good Times

The roads in Missouri are amazing... they don't get damaged from the hard-frosts that we get up here in the frigid north.

I am looking forward to dragging a footpeg or two on those roads. :)

The journey is exciting; the destination territory - heat be damned! - is a treat; and, for me, to wander around the territory made famous by Mr Clemens (among others) is very special. And, as if that wasn't enough 'ta make ya pee', the 40th assembly is, as 'they' say, "the icing on the cake". So, I ignore all the :fight foolishness and look forward to the whole package...... 5,000 miles of bliss :clap

And, the rally before rally is clearly a serious consideration! - Bob

Choices, choices...

Sleep in the cool Colorado mountians at Top of the Rockies at Paonia...
or tackle two weekends in the July weather of Missouri? I'll also need a backyard Sunday till about Wednesday before the National!

The roads in Missouri are amazing... they don't get damaged from the hard-frosts that we get up here in the frigid north.

I am looking forward to dragging a footpeg or two on those roads. :)

Sounds like a good plan. :thumb

Wary locals

Sleep in the cool Colorado mountians at Top of the Rockies at Paonia...
or tackle two weekends in the July weather of Missouri? I'll also need a backyard Sunday till about Wednesday before the National!

It seems the locals are wary of us; no invitations to any backyards as of yet.:)

I've got a 1 acre back yard that anyone is welcome to camp in which is 20 miles away from the Rally before the Rally....just SW of Springfield MO.

It is 2.5 hours south of Sedalia Nationals...or 132 miles

Ken

Thanks Ken:)

I rode home to CA. from Bloomsburg, right through the heart of MO.. Stayed in California, MO.., a small burb just East of Sedalia. on US50. The roads were sweet:), scenery great, warm, yes, but its Summer:). Camping around there was slim pickings, so I roomed it in CA.,MO. at the California Motel, I laughed when I saw it, town and all named California way far away in MO..Thanks for the offering of home space tenting, as I try to do the same at my home. Randy:thumb PS; US50 and US54 through Missouri are fine riding with a few bac:dancek roads thrown in between the two:)

Looks a lot like my own local roads only a bit flatter :wave

I plan to be at the national, but I will be in a motel within a few miles of Sedalia if I can arrange it.

Me, camping ?? NO no

Guys it's no big deal. Big back yard with grass and lots of shade trees- sounds like a good campground to me! lol

40427- Anything but flat!! You have to keep in mind that I was taking pictures as I drove to work so these were easy spots to shoot a shot while driving.
....probably worse than talking on the cellphone eh? :)

JDock - Consider it a done deal. Look forward to meeting you!

Ken

Last edited:
Rally before the rally

Great!!
I just posted that I cannot make the TOR because I need to be at the National site sooner than I can make it from Colorado.
This is PERFECT ! I'm coming.
Jim Faucher
aka MAD DOG
Nat. rally beer garden chair:drink

Our local club The Springfield BMW Roadriders "Club" (MOA chartered club #8) has decided to move the date for our rally in Crane MO this year to the weekend before the Nationals so that MOA members can come and camp out in the southern part of the state in order to take in some of the good "twisties" in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas! More info at www.MotoMO.org

When the MOA rally was in Gillette, WY, there was a rally in Spearfish, SD (94miles away) that is traditionally the week before the MOA rally. That year the organisors of the Spearfish rally moved the dates from Fri, Sat, Sun to Sun, Mon, Tues. According to the organisers, they had the biggest attendance at their rally ever. On the Wednesday, there was a cavalcade arranged for riders going to the MOA. The atmosphere was great. This "little" rally was a precursor to the "main event" and was a lot of fun. I would suggest something similar for the Springfield BMW Roadriders since they are already prepared to move their date, that they move a little bit more. This will solve the problem of what to do between two rallies 150 miles apart and allow Springfield to experience an estimated double in attendance.

Great!!
I just posted that I cannot make the TOR because I need to be at the National site sooner than I can make it from Colorado.
This is PERFECT ! I'm coming.
Jim Faucher
aka MAD DOG
Nat. rally beer garden chair:drink

:drink Sounds like a plan!

The Gillette rally was badmouthed from the day of it's announcement .

I enjoyed the trip there, the rally & the trip home. The rally chairs must have felt the weight of the world from all the negativity, but they went on to hold (for me) what was a great rally. :clap:clap

They put on quite a "light show" on Thursday evening If I have the day right.

Back