• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

German Police BMW

Hey, I did the same thing! Sorta. ;)
NewYorkCity038.jpg

Last edited:
I sit on my German police bike every few weeks as well:

Attachments

• Underway2.jpg
    Underway2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 857
Wow, you look really big (tall) on that bike. Looks like it would be fun for short rides. :)

It is small for my 6' frame...like a monkey $(*%'n a football. With a top speed of only 55 mph and a range of only about 125 miles, short rides is all I can do. I think the bike is down on performance and I will likely overhaul the engine this winter...the history of past maintenance is unknown and the slingers need to be checked and cleaned. Maybe I can then get up to 65 mph and 75 mpg!! :thumb

Just pulled the heads, cylinders, pistons off my 1984 R100 police bike as it's starts it comback from derelick to debonair.

Motorsport Mania...

Sort of like a "Police-Bike! (lol)

My '78 R100RS Motorsport Edition - shortly after I bought it

JJ Cerilli

Attachments

• 78 BMW Motorsport.jpg
    78 BMW Motorsport.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 644
harley bashers

Hey, at least the BMW has an oil cooler fan so the officer can leave bike running to keep radios working. Try that on the HD ... which is virtually overheated all the time.

harley calls it the "parade bike" package. fan & oil cooler. bash on.

P1010006-5.jpg

Back