• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Cortech Dryver Tank Bag/Ring Lock - a Rant!

DBCasey

Enjoy the ride!
In June of this year, I ordered a Dryver Tank Bag and the Ring Lock that secures it to the collar of the fuel cap for my 2011 RT. The company I order it from, Jafrum, sends me the Tank Bag only.
So I call Jafrum and they say "oh, the Ring Lock is backordered, we'll send it to you as soon as it comes in". I then ask why didn't their website say that? "it's a computer error on our part, but it'll be in any day and we'll get it right out to you", they say. So I wait.. and wait...and then it's August, still no Ring Lock.
I call Jafrum, "blah, blah, we expect them in at any time"..so I e-mail Cortech. They reply "we expect them in in to our dealers the next 30 days", they say. So I wait, and wait some more.., and then I get a e-mail in Sept from Jafrum. "We're refunding your money, we have no idea when the RIng Lock will be in". Cortech still says "less than 30 days, less than 30 days". I fired off another e-mail to Cortech today, asking for some specifics. We'll see what they say this time.

All I really want is a honest answer as to when to expect the dang Ring Lock. This "30 days, 30 days" BS is getting tiring. If it's going to be next year, at least man up and tell me. Obviously, this "30 days" chant from Cortech is a company line for everything that gets backordered.

So I've got a Tank Bag I can't use and a Ring Lock I can't find. Anywhere.

Cortech part # 8295-2305-11. BMW-6A Set B1.

If, by chance anyone either has one or knows where one can be found, please PM me.
Or if someone would like to buy a brand new, never used 3.8 liter (small) Dryver Tank Bag with the tags still attached..PM me!

:sick

Ah, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me rage.

C

Revzilla doesn't have them either

all selections on Revzilla either unavailable or out of stock.

The more I think about it, the more I want to use that tank bag as kindling for a bonfire!

Tankbag, gone:)

Rode with tankbags for years and years and now I have given them up:). Happier man! Nothing but junk traps, kind a like a womans purse, ouch. I already feel the pain, saying that. My GSA gets no mo tankbags. I do use a Aerostitch tank pannier bag when longer travel is required and a ton nicer for my GSA use:). Randy

Rode with tankbags for years and years and now I have given them up:).

:laugh And here I am going through tank bag withdrawal as mine is on its way back to the fatherland to have a zipper replaced. I won't see it again until sometime next year.

Yeah, it's my bike purse. But it's a well organized purse with a place for everything and everything in it's place. Where else am I going to keep the binoculars, drinking water, compass, P&S camera for on bike use, head-lamp, pen, tire pressure stick, sunscreen stick, chapstick, glass cleaning wipes, a spare tiedown strap, carabiners, oil fill plug access tool, etc. :D

Helmet House is giving me the same info. There must be something wrong at Cortech. Unfortunately, the only way I can contact them is through an e-mail sent through their website. I wish I had a phone number. :banghead

I like having a tank gag. And I really liked that the Dryver tank bag is small. I've got the BMW tank bag for my RT, and that sucker is huge. Plus it's difficult to keep things organized inside of it as it's just one big compartment.

Too bad I probably won't get to use the Dryver bag, it looked like a good product.

Still no word from Cortech..what a suprise.

DC

You've probably thought of this already...

Why not just give up on this Cortech bag and buy something else? (Like a custom RKA bag?)

Eventually you'll get the mounting ring, then you can sell the whole kit and kaboodle and recoup a bit of the financial loss.

Pretty f'ing irritating, I'd never have the patience to deal with those guys like you have.

Hope you get some resolution, and SOON!

Good luck...

Your sawing sawdust! Stop beating a dead horse! Give it up, send the damn thing back, get a refund and stop being so damn patient.

There now isn't that better?

Jack

Anyone have any suggestions for a tank ring mounted tank bag? I'd prefer one that has sections inside instead of one big pocket.

Maybe something around 5 to 7 liters?

I'd prefer one that has sections inside instead of one big pocket.

Cardboard. Duct tape. Or if you're out of Duct tape use masking tape. Just saying.

p-20081203-1541-4687-M.jpg

Tankbags!

That ring thing sure looked neat to me too, but I've stayed off my TB Habit now too long to go back. Too bad they are such a pain to get for those that are still in need:(. My last BMW GSA TB was really cool looking, I bought it, checked the where made tag a week later, Made In China, but still a cool looking bag. 2 years later, its totally worn out, cannot see through the plastic map pocket and the system in general stinks! Those ringy thingy bags look better, but go figure, can't get the parts, ugly:(. Randy:scratch

Helmet House is the parent company of Tourmaster and I believe Cortech.

"Helmet House grew along
with Shoei. Bob and Phil closed
the store on Pico and moved to
a warehouse. They launched
their own Tour Master product
line in 1978."

Their phone # is 1 800 421-7247.

:dance:dance:dance

Try Iron Pony

This fall, I bought the small version of the Cortech Dryver from Iron Pony in Columbus, Ohio. They made sure I got the correct BMW mount for the bag. The ring mount is a separate purchase from the bag.

Pros - it does not move around like other tank bags I have used.
it is a good size for items you want easy access to.
it has a small but usable map case that I use to supplement the GPS

Cons - it is kind of funky looking, sits high for a small bag
occasionally a pain to get remounted after fueling.

On the whole it serves the purpose and is reasonably water resistant.

Iron Pony normally has the BMW ring in stock.

I have'nt used a tank bag for years now since I switched to pulling a bush tec trailer ,but I think the're dangerious and in your way to properly control your bike.I do understand the lack of carrieing space on a bike .I still say so what ,its still in the way .Though it is a balanced place to carry junk.IMHO:stick

:stick and your "tank bag" on wheels isn't ever an issue with bike control?
Kind of hard to read the map on top of the trailer:D

I have'nt used a tank bag for years now since I switched to pulling a bush tec trailer ,but I think the're dangerious and in your way to properly control your bike.I do understand the lack of carrieing space on a bike .I still say so what ,its still in the way .Though it is a balanced place to carry junk.IMHO:stick

I've got the BMW tank bag for my RT. While it's plenty big for long trips, it has no compartments inside to keep stuff sorted. I was looking for a small bag for day trips.

I've had my handlebars full lock from left to right and have had no issues with the bag hindering me.

Pulling a whole trailer to pack sunglasses, a ballcap and a camera? No thanks.

Back