• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Cortech Dryver Tank Bag/Ring Lock - a Rant!

I really like this bag...I can even mount my GPS on it:thumb

It has compartment dividers but I chose taking it out to carry my big H2O bottle...

big bags look weird to me.

Easy on and off and just big enough. Fit and finish is tops IMHO

9hmedl.jpg

I really like this bag...I can even mount my GPS on it:thumb

It has compartment dividers but I chose taking it out to carry my big H2O bottle...

big bags look weird to me.

Easy on and off and just big enough. Fit and finish is tops IMHO

pipestone,

When (or if) I ever get the tank lock ring, how easy is the process to lock/unlock the bag from the ring when fueling? One good thing about the BMW bag is the ease of removal. I'm hoping the Dryver bag will be just as simple.

Is your Dryver bag the smaller or the larger size? I've got the smaller and was curious about the size difference between the two.

A Basic and very function design underneath of twist.. and unlock/lock.

as easy as.. twist..then I place the bag on my seat..flip the lid and fuel..and the base ring interferes nothing on the fuel up. If you don't want the bag the ring stands alone and doesn't look bad either..but mine is on most of the time cause I carry my H2O there.

I've seen pics of the big bag on a different brand bike before and it was just too much.

To me the bag has a little style too it..I like it lots..fits my need perfectly.

I was looking for a small bag for day trips.

Have you looked at the Bag Connection tank bags with the Quick Lock ring?
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/451/

This last year my wife has been using the "Day-Pack II" and really likes it.
Easy on and off at gas stops.

IMG_0089.jpg

I have a BMW bag for my K1300S, but this winter I decided to buy a small tank bag like my wife has for day trips.
I bought a "Trip QL", plus a removeable map case.

Trip3.jpg

Trip6.jpg

Here's what the mounting ring looks like.
Trip4.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

brew,

This thread is about finding a solution to a problem regarding Cortech Tank Bags and Locking Rings. While I appreciate your enthusiasm for your trailer, it really doesn't have much to do with the subject of this thread. If I ever need some trailer advice, I'll look you up!

If, however, you know where I can find a tank ring lock (B6) for my Cortech Tank bag, or have an idea as to a different brand of tank bag/ring lock, then I'm all :ears

Lee - Thanks for the info and pics. Looks like a good setup. If Cortech fails me again, I'm bouncing to Bags Connection.

Update - Still no lockring

Helmet House (which owns Tourmaster/Cortech), still saying 60 days out. Almost a year later.

Back