• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Finding the Polarbear, Free stuff!

Polarbear

Polarbear
Touring through Central California? I have a shady camping area, garage dedicated to m/c's service and so on, most tools, welder, tire machine, 3dogs, 18chickens and 3 show horses(ridden a lot) at our mini ranch. I(and wife) welcome most touring riders,etc..Need a spot to rest, stop by, if you can find it:). We consider it slightly off the beaten path and peaceful country, Foothill Sierra Mtns..East Clovis,CA. Need your own camping gear is all and give us a couple days notice if possible...Doors open:). SequoiaNP and YosemiteNPs are very close, 45m and 60m. respectively. LOTs of touring tips for OFF the main roads touring from here and about Middle Cal.. Want less freeway/traffic, WE have the backroads most never find, except locals, running all over North and South. OUR California Fall and Spring temps and scenery are exceptional for touring, so get after it:). PS;BMW(BMW of Fresno) Dealer is 20m away in FresnoCA, from my home, so if you cannot get r done yourself with my garage and me perhaps, you have dealer options. Best regards to all, Randy Polarbear and Gini, my better half....Long timers in the saddles of horse and bikes:). 5593236780h,5592882555c, ClovisCA. GSA1200,R100/7, KLR650. Many Critters:)

May be we need to do an (UN)anonymous and we who welcome travelers can all put our names down?

kripes, i was wondering if they were some kind of new GPS coordinates. :ha

There is no such thing as "GPS Coordinates".

No matter how many times people use the term.

Or perhaps I should say irregardless of how may time people use the term.

:), Puzzling!

Well, I left the spaces out of the numbers and figure the best can figure it out:). A lot here know me already and I have ridden all my life to 59 now, as many have. My BMWs have carried me the last 40 years now, with a few m/x and others thrown in. JUST giving back to a family of bikers that have always kept me smiling and wanting to ride more:). Those #s will find me and I hesitated to just give the address out worldwide! It is still my home, not a business, but indeed open to my like minded folk. We are Country Folk, even in CA.., grown in VA..Our few acres has a lot of good comfy space, 150x250'arena too, for horses and GSA's needing practice:)...I teach...Happy Trails all, Randy"Polarbear"Owens#13233. :thumb

Says who? It's a common term. Google it. It's even in the Garmin glossary. Had your Ritalin yet? ;)

Yup, it's one of those terms that was developed for and by the unintelligent; a perfect example of the dumbing down of society.

So... These GPS coordinates, they were invented by Garmin?

Yup, it's one of those terms that was developed for and by the unintelligent; a perfect example of the dumbing down of society.

So... These GPS coordinates, they were invented by Garmin?
Or a perfect example of how language evolves? You should come on down off your high-intelligence horse before you hurt yourself.

Or a perfect example of how language evolves? You should come on down off your high-intelligence horse before you hurt yourself.

Fo shizzel yah man.

I guess you're a fan of reverse evolution. :laugh

Calling the change of a term such as Latitude and Longitude to "GPS Coordinates" is evolution? Please.

Compass?

Anybody remember these? Almost like sliderules. Ya'll play nice:). Aren't we an aged group of fuddy duddies! I know folks that couldn't find there way out of a wet paper sack with a compass:). L and Ls, coordinates by GPS. I've followed a few fellow Riders, GPS equipped that could not either(above). Evolve? I don't know from what I view in the news these days! Ride well everybody:). Randy:usa:thumb

Thats a compass:)

Its a rare phenom today to see one again and still easily purchased at good sport stores, but who actually has one and knows its use is much so a rare sight today with all the electric doodads around. Thanks for sharing your compass:). And, by all I have recieved from my riding days, out and about the USA, my offer stands as a small return to anybody riding far away from home. I still go far and wide myself on any of my three bikes and KNOW too well how nice it is to find strangers/bikers willing to share even a chat. Then roads can become very boring and lonely OR become a very interesting experiece when we just open up to others like minded:). Some days I like the solo, just me and the land/bike and critters and other days talk to everybody, every stop...A safe haven in and about strange lands is always a good feeling:)...Happy Trails, Randy:thumb

I'm going to remember your offer when my travels take me your way! :thumb
Nice to know of a safe haven when far from home to make repairs/maintenance and maybe even have a nice conversation.
Randy

Back