• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wunderlich ERGO Vario Screen ADV for 2010GSA

Jim Rogers

Looking for any end-user input. At 6-3 with a 31" inseam, I ride my GSA with the seat on the low setting. The most comfortable riding position in reference to wind and buffeting is with the OEM screen set at the lowest position. I tried the CeeBailey and did not like it. I tested today with the OEM screen off and found it much better but still want to get some of the air off my chest. I like the design of ERGO and have seen a few good reports on ADV Rider. Just looking for more info.

TIA,

Hi Jim,
You probably saw my post on ADV rider, but i must say that I am very happy with the Ergo vario screen. I'm 6'2" with 32" inseam and with the taller of the 2 windshields that are included at the highest position, buffeting has completely disappeared. Build quality is very good. Adjustability is easy and quick. it's so much better than the stock GSA screen.

What else would you like to know?

Tom.

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. And yes, your posts were some of those I read elsewhere. The tall CeeBailey for the GSA caused so much buffeting in every position it actually caused my vision to blur. It also seemed a bit 'flimsey' compared to the OEM. (I went with them because their screen on my RT-P works very well. But, different bikes. Of course it is gone now.) Back to the ERGO. So, this one is sturdy and does not vibrate at higher speeds - 80 or so? What is is like with the smaller shield in the low position as far as buffeting goes? How about chest, arm, and shoulder protection with both shields? Can it be used with just the tinted lower and no upper? How much cooling, especially to the helmet vents, is achieved due to the split design? Do the OEM winglets fit with it on? I am sure I will have more, if you can stand it.

TIA,

Wunderlich ERGO Vario for GSA Follow-up

I bought the subject screen and put the tall one on for the winter and spring riding seasons. Did not get to do much riding, which is another story. But lately, have been doing a lot more AND testing of the subject screen. It is great. With the tall screen on, I get a clean pocket of still air that eliminated the head buffeting that has been driving me crazy. The last two days have been in the low 90s so I thought I would go out and do some riding and additional testing. Yesterday, at 93F, it got a little warm behind the tall screen even at interstate speeds. Today, again at 93F, I put on the short screen. As expected, much much better air flow when riding. With it in the full up position, a tad bit of head buffeting but nothing too objectionable. With it in the low position, no head buffeting and great air flow to the body with enough protection for the upright sitting position to keep me from feeling like I was being pushed off of Heidi. For me, this is THE screen system for the GSA. YMMV.

Hey Jim,

sorry I didn't reply to your earlier questions.. Been so damn busy that I haven't logged on here very much.

Glad you like the screen.

I took a spill on my GSA (first time down EVER) in February.. Caught some ice going about 20 and ended up in the ditch.. No damage to me, but some minor damage to the bike, including the brackets that hold the upper part of the windshield that allow it to slide up and down... They got bent pretty good. I called Wunderlich and they got me new brackets for just a few dollars, so it's back to normal again...

Best,

Tom.

Back