• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

10k in 4th - how fast is that?

Bdiver

Sign Guy
Like some of the others here I just got back from Superbike school and they had the speedo taped over. On the straight (Streets of Willows) I made that bike howl up to 10K and wondered how fast that was? Those of you that have driven on tracks can probably tell us, I would never think to ask someone to try this on regular public roads...:whistle

While riding it up to those RPM's that bike was certainly growling and working hard. It was not as super smooth as I thought it would be. (I recently was out on a ST1300 Honda at the "middle of nowhere track" and took it up to an indicated 140 and it was smooth as silk and got their quickly too!) The acceleration on the S1000RR was just plain insane! It worked hard to pull my arms off the bars - that bike just screams up the track.:thumb

I had a great time, lapped some of the young punks in my group :dance and am looking forward to the next time I can enjoy putting the bike and myself through our paces.

Probably no one has done the math yet with the final drive ratio is the reason the K12 is not listed.

I used the link and the Roadracing World edition when I was an expert witness in a motorcycle/car traffic accident. Yes, it is that good I found out the cops now keep it bookmarked for when they do accident investigations with motorcycles involved.

Thanks JavaD, great site. To bad my RT is not on there but not to worry, I have a GPS and a Police speedo since it's early years were spent as an authority bike.:thumb

s1000rr 10,000 rpms in 4th = 119 mph

saw video from tank cam, showed changing from 3rd to 4th at 12,000 rpms was 230 kph, divide by 12, multiply by 10 equal 192 kph, convert that to mph. so that is the speedo reading
Good job!

NCS

Back