• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking to join a local club in Ohio

R

rsslark

I have some interest in participating in a BMW club in Ohio, but every time I send a request I get no response. Any suggestions? :dunno

I have some interest in participating in a BMW club in Ohio, but every time I send a request I get no response. Any suggestions? :dunno
Hi Rick, here is the Chartered Club page for Ohio http://www.bmwmoa.org/club/chartered_clubs/US/Ohio I'm not sure where you were looking and I hope this helps. If this doesn't work you can let me know via the private message system-accessed from the top middle of the page or re-post here. Frequently the people run a little behind on requests as they are mostly volunteers. This part of the forum should attract someone from your area, if not I'll move it around for more attention. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Gary

Rick,

Which particular Ohio club are you seeking information about? If you don't get a response off that link let me know. Sometimes I other contacts with in the club or I will find someone to assist you.

Not sure yet. I was attempting to find a club that is active and not so far away. I am in the investigative stage, but so far I have received no response back from the two clubs I have contacted. Sort of makes me re-think the whole club thing.

Gotta go there, I think

My experience is that there is an unclear relationship between a club's PR and the possible fun content. Members who are great fun to be around, don't necessarily run for office or perform if they are hijacked into it.

Look at the MOA's list (here somewhere), Google it, and if it looks right, go to a stated meeting. Also, some clubs meet informally for a meal, regularly.

Try one or two on for size. You might succeed; you might not.

I found these:
Ohio
Akron BMW Motorcycle Club, #21
founded: 11/1/1972
Ohio
BMW Motorcycle Owners of Cleveland, Inc., #196
founded: 11/1/1989
Ohio
BMW Party Riders Of Greater Toledo, #191
founded: 6/1/1989
Ohio
BMW Riders Of Toledo, #16
founded: 4/1/1972
Ohio
BMW Veteran Motorcycle Club of America, #315
founded: 1/16/2004
Ohio
Buckeye Beemers, #99
founded: 4/1/1980
Ohio
Free Spirit BMW Riders, #76
founded: 4/1/1976
Ohio
Greater Cincinnati BMW Club, Inc., #18
founded: 11/1/1972
Ohio
Mosquito Beemers, #305
founded: 3/30/2003
Ohio
Northeast Ohio BMW Club, #72
founded: 12/1/1976
Ohio
Southeast Ohio Beemers, #148
founded: 4/1/1985
Ohio
YBMW, #120
founded: 7/1/1982

Where Located in Ohio?

Hi - I am the new President of the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Cleveland Charter Club #196. www.BMWMOC.org. Our members are from the NE Ohio area. There is also a Club #18 in Cincy area. There are also several BMW RA clubs scattered throughout the state.

I hope that helps!

Hi - I am the new President of the BMW Motorcycle Owners of Cleveland Charter Club #196. www.BMWMOC.org. Our members are from the NE Ohio area. There is also a Club #18 in Cincy area. There are also several BMW RA clubs scattered throughout the state.

I hope that helps!

The most recent post in this thread was eleven years ago. :)

I found this to be true of the BMW club in my area way back in 2012, when I first bought into the marquee witg a new to me K1200 RS. Contacted the club several times over the next two years, never got a reply, final caught up to them at the Minnesota National rally only to have the club president,when I was introduced to him, state that he was the president, not the membership chairperson. My impression at the time was that they were comfortable with their membership group and not really interested in New members. I did finally join their club, but the process left a bad taste in my mouth and have never really bonded with the club. It happens I guess with clubs, they get comfortable with the status quo and fail to look towards the future. Good luck, I hope some one in a club in your area wisens up and makes contact. Especially since I hear over and over how membership keeps shrinking in the bmw world. I still feel there is value to belonging to a BMW club even though it didn't work out for me.

Back