• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hero GoPro video editing question

beemermyke

Just got the Hero GoPro HD 960 over the weekend, and was able to use it on a brief ride out near the house this weekend. Great little device! I'd like to be able to edit/shorten the video where needed, and adding some music to it would be nice too. Well, without breaking the bank on some high-tech editing software, can anyone suggest a program that works well for accomplishing this task? These are MP4 files and are quite huge, so I opened a YouTube account to handle these files. I have Windows XP on my computer with the Windows Movie Maker program installed, but it won't support this format. Who's using what out there?

Hero GoPro HD Video Editing

Good choice in getting the GoPro HD -- I have two of them! I have a MacBookPro which comes with iMovie where you can edit and add music as well as special effects (transitions). I'm not sure what software is best suited for users who own PCs. Good luck and post some video!

Kent

For windows/PC...

Freebies to try: http://download.cnet.com/windows/video-editing-software/

Well known:
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11: < $50
Adobe Premiere Elements 9: < $110

The newest version of Premiere Elements, version 10, was recently released. It is being bundled with Photoshop Elements for < $150.

Or, you can transcode the gopro video to something that can be used with your current software (but I don't think I'd bother). BTW: MP4 is a container. Inside that container is H.264 encoded video. The coder/decoder (codec) is the important item. You want software that supports the H.264 codec.

GoPro Forum

Jump in over your head here. When your head comes up, look around the FAQ, and start paddling around. They seem to have Forum members from pros to absolute beginners, PCs to maCs.

It's free to register; registration is just to assure responsibility.

Back