• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shield storage for two shields?

chpbike

I'm looking for a face shield storage system that would allow me to store two shields in one place rather than having two separate storage "containers". It seems to me I saw one on the net somewhere but I've been looking and can't seem to find it again. It had two slots that were separated to prevent scratching. Has anyone seen one of these?

Thanks!
Scott

Mine is called a helmet bag. I put one inside, and place the other one against it and wrap the bag around it. I like it cause it is cheap and works.

I sewed a flat slip cover out of velour upholstry material to store my extra helmet sheild in. You could easily make it hold two sheilds...only took about 5 minutes to make...but doesn't come with any cool insignias or brand name emblems.

Kathy's at Bob's BMW

I have what you describe. It is a cordura bag with a nylon partition and holds two shields. It has a flap with a velcro closure. The one I have is old, but they probably still have them at Bob's.

tb

I made a little sleeve out of polarfleece that doesn't scratch my shield. I sewed it up in about ten minutes. If I was really industrious, I'd sew some velcro on it to keep it closed. I don't see why you couldn't sew it so it had two pockets to hold two shields.

I think the scrap of fleece was only a couple bucks.

CHPBike said:
I'm looking for a face shield storage system that would allow me to store two shields in one place rather than having two separate storage "containers". It seems to me I saw one on the net somewhere but I've been looking and can't seem to find it again. It had two slots that were separated to prevent scratching. Has anyone seen one of these?
Yup, at the thrift store. Buy a sweatshirt. Cut the sleeves off and stick one shield in each. Use the rest as an oil rag under the bike when changing your filter.

Shield Storage

We are talking about Helmet Face Shields, right?

I keep one on the helmet and the other in a sock.
The price was right and it came with a second sock.

Shield Protector Sleeves

I use cheap tube socks from Wally World. They work great and no scratches if you clean off the shield before you put it in there.
Dennis

socks is the answer

put each face shield in a sock. That simple ! got the tip from Helge Pedersen, he rode 10 years on 2 wheels.
That way you have a spare set of socks, too.

Keep it simple, use just ONE face shield, do not pack that heavy !

Hans

Arai Shield Sock

CHPBike said:
Ken,

What separates the shields inside the pouch to prevent scratching?

Scott

There is a separate piece of the same fabric as the case inside the Sock that divides it -- in effect, two completely separate compartments.

Ken

Back