• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anybody Riding To Barber

i'm gonna go, but we'll be starting from down in Atlanta.

probably a slab ride over for the day....

ian

Going to miss this year, wife's birthday and she wanted to go visit some friends in FL. otherwise i would be going.

Have a safe one !!

cool racing....

Wow, this was a great event... my first time there.

IMG6713-XL.jpg

Ian

I feel that guy's pain, happened to me and a racing partner one year at Road America.

I raced in the 250 class and my bike ran fine.

My buddy was riding a Suzuki GS 1000 in a race after mine,
it ran fine in practice then when they called for the race to start we could not get that pig to run.
Not a Lemans start but all bikes had to be running at the grid , they flagged the race off and I pushed that big mother uphill until I puked.
He had to pull over and we pushed back to the pits in front of the whole spectator crowd. Felt like a couple of idiots when we got there and discovered the problem, coil wire fell out !!

At least you know the crowd (or the Barber crowd at least) feels for you and doesn't think badly of you. But it must be a bitter disappointment to not be able to race after all that work and time.

Racing by its very nature is not for the faint of heart or weak of wallet.

The high's are great, the lows are sometimes painful .
At the end of the day we almost always had a good time doing it. The fellow racers are a great bunch and would give or lend you the shirt off their back to help you get to the start line.
Then it was ;
"The BS stops when the green flag drops"

I have lots of good memories from those days.
Oh yea, a bunch of aching joints too.:dance

Back