Thread: color in the catskills

Hybrid View

color in the catskills

i'm here at color in the catskills and what a disapointment from last year. there are only approx. six to eight motorcycle related vendors. the BMW demo fleet is not here this year but MAX BMW does have demo bikes here. it also appears the non motorcycle related vendors are in short supply compaired to last year. i honestly thought this event would grow larger each year but this year it appears to have taken a step backwards. the weather isn't the best, rainy and in the low 50's,perhaps that is what kept the vendors away. in spite of the lack of vendors i managed to spend some money. i bought myself a new jacket from road gear as well as a pair of H2O gloves, and a few other things from the limited supply of vendors. am i glad i came, yes, but with out more vendors, the support of the MOA (they had no booth this year) i am afraid this event will become nothing but a memory within another year or two.

6:30AM sunday morning and it is pouring here at hunter mtn. hopefully this will be the extent of the rain for today. hopefully if the rain stops there will be a good turn out for the final day of color in the catskills.

Thanks for the update. I was thinking I mite ride there this morning. You have save me the trip.
    Mike

when we left to head home, around 9am the sun was starting to come out and it was looking like it would be a good day. hopefully the good weather will bring lots of people to this great event.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    The sun did come out after 0900 and the bikes did start coming in. The last MAX BMW demo ride to leave pulled out at 3 pm, just as full as all the other demo rides had been on Saturday and Sunday on the full range of models BMW has to offer, not just the new 1600 GTL and GT models that would have been on the demo truck.

Yes, there were fewer vendors this year than last that actually showed up on site, but more had signed up for this year than last year. No doubt the weather played a large part in the reduced crowds and vendor count, but even those vendors who backed out have said they would like to be invited back for next year. And they will be, along with others. The vendors who did attend all had a good day, at least on Sunday, and thanked the riders who did come out in spite of the rain on Friday and Saturday. Most of the roads were in passable shape and the local waterfalls and streams were spectacular!

Not to be forgotten are the off road and dual sport rides led by TEAM MAX featuring some very talented leaders and brave participants. All made it back to base safely, although some came back wetter and muddier than others. No one came back cursing and all learned some real world off road riding lessons.

Hope to see you all next year. Plans are already underway for the 5th edition of Colors in the Catskills to make the event bigger and better than ever. Prayers and offerings will be made to the Weather Channel and Mother Nature between now and next October on a regular basis.

See you on the road.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Hope to see you all next year.
    i'll be back next year as this is a great event. i hope it continues to grow larger every year. thanks to everyone who makes this event possible.