• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Grand Mesa Colorado GS ride... Hard Travelin'

dadayama

I met some online friends in Grand Junction Colorado for a little mini rally...

Coming from the dry, flat, hotlands of Oklahoma City, i headed out across Oklahoma, the Texas panhandle, then Northern New Mexico (awsome) and then up the million dollar highway to Grand Junction. The whole trip was amazing to me... i saw so much wonderful country it was over whelming!

Here is the first video i put together, it is off a GS ride on top of Grand Mesa... I'm filming and riding an F650GS twin with Tourance tires... I kept up with the big boys on thier F800GS's just fine... Though i wish i had some different tires... the video doesn't show all the slipping and sliding the bike is doing underneth me...

Only 5 minutes long... take a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MipG7iDmHMg

Peter in OKC, OK

Peter, You looks like you had a blast on the Grand Mesa, around those lakes and through those huge stands of Aspen trees, along with the memories gathered from the ride to CO, to time with online friends in Grand Junction. :thumb

Looks like a great trip. I was on Grand Mesa last month mostly on pavement. I'd love to explore more of Colorado on dirt. Good job on the video!

Nice job on the video! You migh consider giving credit to the song artist.

yeah, good stuff. the tune was great.

and.... someone needs to keep their feet on the pegs in the mud!!! :ha

ian

Nice job on the video! You migh consider giving credit to the song artist.

The first song is Woody Guthrie "Hard Traveling"

The instrumental is by some friends of mine, an all girl group based out of Lawrence Kansas, called MAW

Back