• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

WetFest 9-2011

WU7X

I attended WetFest, an annual dualsport riders event, near Bend, OR, last week. Because of a bad shoulder, I wasn't able to ride my Dakar down. But I did get to beg onto several hacks while there! I was a monkey! This was my first time in a chair off-roading and I had a ball. I am now firmly addicted and will be looking for a new (to me) hack in the near future.

There were three BWM hacks in attendance, along with a heavily modified Ural. I drove the Ural and didn't want to get off. I add a couple more pics to following threads.

Attachments

• Mr Cobs New Toy.jpg
    Mr Cobs New Toy.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 79
The Ural

Talk about fun! Kinda like a WWII retro BMW.

Attachments

• The Monkey.jpg
    The Monkey.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 79
Another hack

At 63, I am beginning to find that holding the 650 Dakar up while off-roading is getting to be a handful. That third wheel is certainly starting to look good for the type of riding I love to do.

Attachments

• Ace Ralph and.jpg
    Ace Ralph and.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 79
Doesn't get any better!

Being monkey is fun! I am the old fart on the left. Mr. Cob, the guy in the center, owns the 1150 GS with a DMC sidecar. Ace Ralph owns the 1200GS with a Ural sidecar. He is standing on the far right.

I have begun buying Lotto tickets. Anyone wishing to help me in my pursuit of a suitable hack, feel free to PM me. :laugh

Attachments

• Monkey and Pals.jpg
    Monkey and Pals.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 78
Being monkey is fun! I am the old fart on the left. Mr. Cob, the guy in the center, owns the 1150 GS with a DMC sidecar. Ace Ralph owns the 1200GS with a Ural sidecar. He is standing on the far right.

I have begun buying Lotto tickets. Anyone wishing to help me in my pursuit of a suitable hack, feel free to PM me. :laugh

i like dual sport hacks.... i bet they're perfect for around where you are.

there was a brand new Ural 2wd rig over at Blue Moon Cycles in Norcross last week... gave me ideas. :evil

AceRPH and Mr. Cob... now there are two scary prospects. :thumb

Thanks for posting!

Ian

Back