• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1200LT Tank bag

R

ronshult

Greetings. I am looking for a tank bag for the LT. I have the BMW but if I can get something a bit larger it would be great. Anyone have luck with anything? I still would like to get into the compartment. I have the factory BMW GPS and use it all the time. I see that Marsee has a system that bolts onto the oddment lid...not interested in drilling holes.

Thank you

I use the BMW tank bag on mine, it is larger than my Marsees and is waterproof, the Marsee's need rain covers. I have since sold off one Marsee, and have another for sale (sold a 12L, have a an 11L).

I use

I use a bags connection enduro bag, available through twisted throttle. One strap loops around the stingray?? and two clips strap to the frame. No drilling, on and off in seconds, and will expand to a couple of inches higher by undoing a zipper so you can take home that rally tshirt you got when everything else is full already. I'm quite happy with it, but it would be better with a rain cover. It does have a water proof stuff sac to go inside, but that doesn't help the maps when it pours. Even so, when it pours rain, usually the maps will dry out.

Tank bag

After using a tank bag for 30+ years I have never been able to put up with a wimpy one, try this if you really need a full size bag. It will fit your LT by covering up the first 2" of your seat and you will be able to see your GPS and radio controls.

Pictures on request

The Rainier Tank Bag
The Rainier Tank Bag is the result of combining the Ever-popular Explorer and Denali tank bags into one. We took the best of these bags to make the Rainier. By doing this wolfman has created the ultimate universal tank bag. Now one tank bag fits even more bikes than the Explorer or Denali. The mounting system allows the rider to adjust the fore-aft placement on the tank.

The Rainier Tank Bag Features:
ÔÇóYellow cord Main Opening Zippers
ÔÇóHeavy Duty #10 YKK Main Zipper, and Ykk zippers used through out the bag.
ÔÇóHeavy Duty 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon Construction
ÔÇóTough-Tek Non Slip-Non Scratch Bottom
ÔÇóEnvelope Side and Rear Pockets for increased handle bar clearance
ÔÇóWolfman Signature-ÔÇ£Crescent ÔÇ£ Rider pocket.
ÔÇóLarge Expansion Wedge shaped Gusset
ÔÇóZippered Interior mesh pocket
ÔÇóKey Clip Outside Elastic Pen/Tire Pressure Guage Sleeve
ÔÇóRemoveable Map Pocket W/ interior divider
ÔÇóReflective Side Pocket trim and Handle Foam and Plastic Stiffened.
Bag comes complete with Map Pocket and mounting harness (you must choose)

Dimensions:
Length: 11"
Width: 8 ?¥ÔÇØ
Height: front 6 ?¢ÔÇØ rear 10ÔÇØ (facing rider) 14ÔÇØ Expanded

Capacity:
Closed: 17 Liters 1037cu.in. (Includes Side and Front pockets -each approx: .3liters 18cu.in.)
Expands to 20 Liters 1220 cu.in.

Map Pocket Size:
Overall: 8 3/4" W x 10 5/8" L
Visible: 7 5/8" W x 9" L

Capacity: 20 liters regular, 24 liters expanded

Color: Black

Back