• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

I'll take heat any day - flooding in Bloomsburg

In a flood is it wise to stand on a bridge over flooded waters? With the deterioration of the infrastructure in the US I am not sure that is very smart.

Bloomsburg

Bloomsburg is suffering with record high water from TS Lee and Hurricane Irene. I bet the fairground is a mess.
Campbell Tellman II
:thumb

Would have been a helluva GS Giant....

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/buJhaE0PCY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is from the north end of the track, you can see the stage in the background.

This is the intersection of routes 11 and 42 right outside the fairground entrance.

4e6a52ddb37ba.image.jpg

Does anyone know if or how Camp Victory was impacted? They were the selected charity for this year. I have checked their site and didn't find any information.

My heart goes out to the folks in Bloomsberg

The Fairgrounds has 10' of water covering it and the town is devastated. Their facilities were excellent and the people were very friendly when we were there 2 months ago.
All that money that we brought to the town is washed away, and I do not think that we could hold another rally there in the foreseeable future. Yeah, it was hot, but I do not think that the heat we had at the National was a normal situation for that area. I would have gone back to Bloomsburg if there was another National held there. I just want the same MOA rally staff that kept us as cool as possible at the '11 National! Great job folks!:thumb

I hope MOA will send the town a message that they have our sympathy and our best wishes for their recovery. I will always think well of Bloomsburg, PA.

Does anyone know if or how Camp Victory was impacted? They were the selected charity for this year. I have checked their site and didn't find any information.

Jamie, the Director, contacted me and sent me some pics. Here's her comments:

>>You probably already know about the horrible devastation that is happening here in the Susquehanna Valley of Pennsylvania. Camp Victory has been very fortunate and not had any flood damage....but, unfortunately the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds had been devastated! This is not the first time that flooding has occurred there...but they are saying that this is the worst. If you'll go to my profile page, I've posted some aerial pictures that includes some of the fair grounds.<<<<

Looks like they're o.k.

hurricane season

Thank God they didn't change the rally date to hurricane season.

Hate to tell you this, but the hurricane season runs from June to November with the peak of activity in September.

Heartbreaking to see these pix.

Rapunzel

Its sobering to think that the area where most of the Rally attendee's camped was under water (up to 10' deep). This rally had great facilities, venders, food, events, etc. The heat was something unusual to say the least but, everything else was first class. My heart goes out to those affected by the flooding.

Hate to tell you this, but the hurricane season runs from June to November with the peak of activity in September.Rapunzel

I worked insurance claims over 30 years and was frequently sent to handle hurricane claims. I was never sent to handle hurricane claims in June or July but I was away from home for several years in a row on my mid September birthday.

Last edited:
Back