• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rally Review Committee - Board Action Item

If the rally is held somewhere near a track, why not try to invite one of the superbike schools to give a track class, kind of associated with us, but not part of... Then, you get those S1000RR riders involved with the rest.

Track days are a great idea but what about... a Motorcycle Gymhkana?

Set the track up in a parking lot area at the rally. Hold several sessions. Bike classes can be established to put like bikes together so people can compare times and do a bit of bragging. It keeps the event on site. Minimal additional expense. Provides entertainment for observers and participants. This can appeal to the avid sport rider, militant ATGATT MSF proponent, young or old because it combines a timed competition with a low speed track that requires both great street riding skills and the ability to pick the best racing line for the track layout.

We are still in the middle of the discussions. This week on Thursday will be our fourth conference call on this topic. We hope to have some sort of a report at the board meeting next week, but in no means will we be finished with our discussions. There are some good things coming out of this though! I am optimistic with our direction.

Set the track up in a parking lot area at the rally. Hold several sessions. Bike classes can be established to put like bikes together so people can compare times and do a bit of bragging. It keeps the event on site. Minimal additional expense. Provides entertainment for observers and participants. This can appeal to the avid sport rider, militant ATGATT MSF proponent, young or old because it combines a timed competition with a low speed track that requires both great street riding skills and the ability to pick the best racing line for the track layout.

If anyone is interested in helping put this event on, please PM me with your contact info. Now, to feed your curiousity...

I can say "yes" and "yes" to both of those ideas :thumb

Future Rallies

I, for one, am very happy that the board is responsive to the membership. Knowing many of the BOD quite well, I can assure everyone that they, as a whole, are a group of very hard working, great people.
Unfortunately, at the last few rallies, I've not been able to partake of many wonderful events, { the WWII encampments come readily to mind.} being ensconced in my personal 3rd circle of hell. AKA: THE BEER GARDEN. { Fortunately, the "germans" like beer , so they showed up, and brought their machine guns too!}
That having been said, these rallies are phenomenally better and more varied in content than in the past. Remember Durango guys?
My rally consists of old/new friends, Airhead Central for an hour or two each day, and the fun/trouble I can get into riding to and from the rally.
So...regardless of my low participation, from what I see, it is a robust, wonderful time. Can it be made better? Sure. But enjoy what we've got too. It's pretty darn good.
See you in Sedalia.
Jim Faucher
Beer Chair:drink

Excellent suggestion John.

On site, low cost, everyone can participate. :clap

Back