• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

50-Mile Dual-Sport Commute

flash412

Loose Cannon
Photo Essay

I live about nine miles from where I work. It takes about 30 minutes to get there in the morning if I go the short way. Sometimes it takes 40 minutes if I am unlucky with traffic lights.

If I go the 50-mile way, it takes about 40-45 minutes. There are two traffic lights and four stop signs. Some of the way is posted 65, some 75, some a lot less. Most of it is unpatrolled. Here is an Ofoto Link of the 50-mile commute. (The stretch of US-287 with the photo of The Rock is where I was "caught and released" doing 96 in a 65 a year or two ago.) Plus, the 50-mile way is a whole lot nicer than nine miles through strip-mall, could-be-anywhere, America.

You have to have an Ofoto account to view the photos. But, Ofoto doesn't care if the login is bogus. There's no email involved in the registration process. Pick any username and any password to create an account to view this album. Use it again or forget about it. No problem.

makes me jealous I have to drive an astro van for work everyday. But wait, maybe I can take it to Philly next week for an easy job!

Cool ride! Thanks for sharing.

But, Flash, you can set your Ofoto albums so visitors don't have to sign in.

Voni
sMiling

Voni said:
you can set your Ofoto albums so visitors don't have to sign in.
The only feedback I get from the photo albums I post is from watching how often they are accessed over time. There are three kinds of people in this world; those who will log in with their email address, those who will log in with a bogus email address and those who will not visit at all if they have to log in. The last group is very small. Their loss is... their loss.

smugmug will give you statistics for you photos, including how many get viewed at each resolution for each album.

KBasa said:
smugmug will give you statistics for you photos, including how many get viewed at each resolution for each album.
Smugmug costs $29.95 more than Ofoto. If you're offering to make up the difference, I'll use it. (I have the originals and don't care that smugmug offers high resolution presentation.)

flash412 said:
Smugmug costs $29.95 more than Ofoto. If you're offering to make up the difference, I'll use it. (I have the originals and don't care that smugmug offers high resolution presentation.)

$24.95 with your MOA discount. :D

Back