• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Newbie Question

jvbrya

First let me say thank you for all the great info contained on this site. It has been very helpful.

My question is this I would like to go to Lima but due to previous commitments I could only come for Friday and Saturday. Will I be able to find a spot to camp for Friday night?

A small introduction, I am 29 and live in Indianapolis. This is my first BMW and I love it. Unfortunately my wife will no longer ride with me due to being rear ended by a cage at a stop sign last year. Everybody is fine (the gear works) and Revard got the bike shining like new by October before they closed. Anyway anybody who wants to go riding in Central Indiana this Spring, let me know.

IndyRT said:
My question is this I would like to go to Lima but due to previous commitments I could only come for Friday and Saturday. Will I be able to find a spot to camp for Friday night?

Yes. You might not get the most PRIMO spot, but there will space for your tent..... See you in Beemerville!

I honestly believe you could set up 7,000 tents on the grounds and not have a bad spot!! Plenty of grass and trees or open skys if you desire! It's a large site.

US 24 info?

Pleased to hear from someone in central IN. We will be riding from the twin cities in Minn. and had planned on crossing Ind. on US 24. Can you tell me anything about the road, good bad or indiferent? Two lane or four?

Only lived in IN a few years

Unfortunately I have never been on US 24, based on my map it looks like sections of it are 4 lane. I have been through the area typically going North or South on many different roads.

Northern Indiana tends to be rather flat with few turns and many cornfields for miles. I am told by many of my Hoosier friends that it is beautiful, I think its just a taste I haven't completely acquired yet. There some interesting little towns to go through though.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

US 24 info?

Stephanie and I used 24 on our way to Colorado from MI last summer. It was in excellent condition. I recommend it. :thumb 2 lane most of the way. I suppose it depends on time of day but we did not see any heavy traffic. I would use it again. You can certainly use it to link with the expressway around Toledo, OH if you wish, but there might be more attractive alternatives on the southbound leg if time permits.

Last edited:
Back