• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anybody interested in a $10 compact tire inflator?

I got this inflator at Canadian Tire for $9.99 in the hopes that the guts were a lot smaller than the box.
I suspect most of the el-cheapo inflators available have very similar innards.
IMGP3080.jpg

Happily, the necessities are quite compact. For a really minimal solution you could stop here and wire the plug back on with a shortened cable but the rotating gear and exposed crank assembly are quite un-safe looking.
IMGP3083.jpg

I decided to add side plates and wire the switch back in for convenience. I also decided to leave the pressure gauge on. It's not very accurate but gives a reasonable idea.
IMGP3084.jpg

I need an inflator because I often 'Guerilla camp', sometimes a mile or two off the highway and dread finding a flat in the morning.
It draws over 4A so I'd probably start the bike first if I was alone and had to inflate from flat.

Nice post and neat work with the plates.
Only questions is whether it is reliable when you need it. I've killed severl ultra cheapies that saw almost no use but I never opened any of them p to see wwhat they looked like inside the case becasue they were in cars.

Only question is whether it is reliable when you need it.

I'll be happy if it gets me out of a single predicament.
It really isn't well made though.

I ran a tire up to 50PSI fairly quickly and it sounded the same before and after without getting hot so test PASS.

One word of warning, these little buggers get HOT, HOT, HOT while in use. If you have to use it to fill a flat tire, be prepared for the heat, allow the pump to cool .

Back