• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Low Beam Headlight

N

nursedave

When I brought my K1600 the dealer told me if I wanted to turn on the low beam to click the switch twice. So how do you turn it off, cause the halo's on each side are the daylight running lights, that's what the manual says. Do you turn the parking lights off per the manual.

Last edited:
Are you asking how to shut off the headlight when driving during the day?

If yes, you can't, at least in the U.S. -- low beam always on here.

I have to disagree. When I brought it the low beam was not on. Only the two halos. The says that the halos are the daylight running lights not the low beam.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. When I brought it the low beam was not on. Only the two halos. The says that the halos are the daylight running lights not the low beam.
Not correct.

From the Rider's Manual:

"Low-beam headlight
The low-beam headlight switches
on automatically when you start
the engine."

When the engine is running, the low beam is on (its controller does not automatically turn on the low beam when the ignition key is switched to the ON position; it waits until the engine is running; IIRC, when the kill switch is turned off, the controller turns off the low beam, while leaving the halos on). The halos are also on at the same time.

The only thing different in daytime is the HID controller does not operate the adaptive headlight's mirror to follow turns (obviously no need to do so in daylight, and thereby eliminates unnecessary wear/tear on the mirror motors and linkages).

So I wonder why I had to activate it. It wasn't on when I drove it home just the halos.

Last edited:
Back