• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Long Trip Unders

_RockZ_

Seeking the 4TH dimension
So the cotton underwear is known to be good for short distances
But about the Long distances not so much

Any proven items that work ?

I have LD Comfort shorts and like them. I also like my Ex Officio shorts at half the price. Can't really tell the difference on the road, though my time in sweltering heat is somewhat limited.

You could also look at some synthetic undies at Sierra Trading post...just wear them under your riding pants...I am going on my first overnighter (well in a very long time) here in a couple days and while riding I won;t have a stitch of natural fiber on me...well other than the wool blend lightweight ski socks under my boots and my leather gloves...

I wear LDComfort tights and the long sleeve shirt under my 'Stitch in the summer months and layer over the LDComforts when it's necessary. I wouldn't consider anything else.

undie comfort

For the past four years, I have been using Under Armor undies under my Stitch riding pants. I have ridden in 105 degree temps and in 30 degree temps with layers over the UA's. Would never ride without them. They are great in my book. No squirming in the saddle. Great product.

Long Trip Unders

I saw the title of this thread and thought "WOW, another Ewan and Charlie flick!!"

Under Armour compression shorts (about $30) work well. The seams are flat and they don't slide around on you.:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

Under Armour. For summer find the heat gear and winter the cold gear. Not cheap either but you have a lot of options on their underwear when it comes to waist band width and length of shorts from 4,6 to 9 inches. I have a long pair of their heatgear pants which is great to wear in the heat. It wicks the moisture away from your legs and you don't have that clammy feeling between leg and armor in your riding gear. Addidas also makes a very similar product with climacool material.

Great thing is all of this is available at a Dicks Sporting Goods or similar store. 15,500 miles so far this year and my non monkey butt says it works.

THONG Baby! You get the real feeling of the seat.:stick

Seriously, I co with compression type short with NO SEAMS in the area that you sat on. You don't have to buy the expensive riding shorts, but you need to look for the seams and make sure they are a wiking fabric. I have a pair that I gave ten buck for that are perfect for riding distances on hot days, I just cant remember where I got them or I would have a lot more.

Both:)

LD Comfort shorts and ExOfficio are equal depending on heat. When its hot outside, the LDs are tooooo hot and you sweat a lot in them. I wear the Ex Officio's most of the time now, still sweat but not nearly as much thickness of material as the LDs. I consider both of my choices quite good, as a few others too have found. Randy:thumb

FWIW, While I haven't worn them (Yet), after reading this thread last night I searched the net for the Ex Oficio's and found them on Ebay for $17.99 Free Shipping.

Also, I have a pair of the LD Comfort and they're very comfortable. They're just a bit pricey for me to justify several pair.

Last edited:
Whatever slippery synthetic underclothes you choose, be sure that you can snugly adjust the belt on your riding pants. Suspenders might also be a good idea.
I lost a bit of weight and my Firstgear riding pants were a bit loose at the waist. With slippery underwear and slippery pant linings it was most annoying to have to hold my pants up when off the bike. I suppose that many of the ladies don't have this problem with their waist to hip ratio.

Back