• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wheel Chocks

captwheel

I just purchased a new enclosed trailer. Does any one have recomendations on wheel chocks, locking or non locking? Where I purchased the trailer they have flush mount that lift up to use, but are non locking. I hear about tie downs and compressing the front suspension, is this a bad thing? I will set it up for two bikes in case someone wants to go with. The primary bike is an 07 BMW R 1200 GSA. Any recomendations on storage cabinets? I have plenty of room, the trailer is a
7 x 17' v-nose (7 x 14') box tandom axle.
Thanks for the help, captwheel

Condor

I've used one of these for a few years with the quick release floor mount in my brother's trailer. It works very well.

http://store.condor-lift.com/products.php?product=Pit%2dStop{47}Trailer%2dStop

http://store.condor-lift.com/products.php?product=Pit%2dStop{47}Trailer%2dStop-Adaptor-Kit

To date, I have not trailered my RT, but I don't compress the suspension when hauling my Turbos. I made some brackets that utilize the fork brace bolt holes and use turnbuckles (instead of ratchet straps) to snug it down.

A cool addition was a cheap surveillance camera inside the trailer. It adds piece of mind being able to see what is going on inside there while driving.

I just purchased a new enclosed trailer. Does any one have recomendations on wheel chocks, locking or non locking? Where I purchased the trailer they have flush mount that lift up to use, but are non locking. I hear about tie downs and compressing the front suspension, is this a bad thing? I will set it up for two bikes in case someone wants to go with. The primary bike is an 07 BMW R 1200 GSA. Any recomendations on storage cabinets? I have plenty of room, the trailer is a
7 x 17' v-nose (7 x 14') box tandom axle.
Thanks for the help, captwheel

Take a look at the black-powder ones from BLACK WIDOW. I did a product review on this unit last year in the Owners News - very impressed. Ran my R1200RT up into my pickup and into the chock - solid capture, removable and a great value!! :bikes

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-pro-wheel-chock.htm

Last edited:
Take a look at the black-powder ones from BLACK WIDOW. I did a product review on this unit last year in the Owners News - very impressed. Ran my R1200RT up into my pickup and into the chock - solid capture, removable and a great value!! :bikes

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-pro-wheel-chock.htm

Discount Ramps also sell regularly on Ebay where you should be able to save a couple extra bucks. I don't have their chocks, but I do have ramps from them. Great gear and they ship same day!

I really like the Condor chock. It works great on the garage floor or on a trailer. With the quick connect style I can mount it on the trailer in the middle, or move it to the side and carry 2 bikes.

Wheel chocks

Thanks all. Right now I think a Condor chock that will mount to e-track, is the way i am leaning to now. That way you can reposition the chock by the weight of the bike, & if you have one or two.
Thanks for all the ideas, captwheel

Wheel chocks

Thanks all. Right now I think a Condor chock that will mount to e-track, is the way i am leaning to now. That way you can reposition the chock by the weight of the bike, & if you have one or two.
Thanks for all the ideas, captwheel

Back