• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RIP Jack Shoalmire

Norwood

That road looks good!
Sad to report that Jack Shoalmire has passed away.

Jack was holder of many mileage awards with MOA and IBA. He may have more IBA rides to his credit than anyone else and certainly a long distance rider with several brands...including BMW.

Below is a message from his son, Jon...via the LD riders and IBA.

I am sure you join me with our thoughts and prayers for his family during this time.

Rest in Peace Jack.

">Message from Jon Shoalmire:
>___________________________________________________________

I am Jack Shoalmire's son. I know he was heavily involved with the Iron Butt riding community and had made many friends in the past few years. I just wanted to let the group know that Jack passed away Saturday night (8-27-2011) from an apparent heart attack. Please let the community know. He spoke highly of his friends from the IBA and when I saw him on Friday he was very excited that he had completed all the continental portion of the Tour of Honor and was planning to go to Hawaii in September to complete the tour.

Thank you so much, any inquiries can be made through me at my e-mail address; Crash217J@hotmail.com When my sister and I figure out when and where a service can be performed I will contact you again through the site or by email/phone if I have heard from you.

Thank you,
Jon Shoalmire
Crash217J@hotmail.com"

Services:
Service schedule for Jack Shoalmire are as follows;

Visitation will be held at Moore's Eastlawn, 1908 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74112 Wed. Aug 31st from 8AM - 8PM. Family will be present from 2pm-8pm. The Memorial service will be held at Asbury Methodist Church, 6767 South Mingo Road Tulsa, OK Friday at 1PM. Following services, a reception will be held in the main church building.

A seperate service will be held in Shreveport, Louisiana on September 10th for those unable to attend the Tulsa service. more details will be given when they have been finalized.

Nearby local hotels are; The Renaissance, Sleep Inn, Super 8, La Quinta, Clarion, The Hampton Inn, Quality Inn, and Aloft Hotel.

Last edited:
Back