• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Roll Call

I will be there

This will be my fifth Rally, I am looking forward to a Thursday arrival and maybe depart early Sat or Sun. I left Charleston Sat afternoon so as to miss the ceremony, now I hear that last year was not the usual torture, might just think about staying.

Andy Murrells Inlet SC

Ubetcha

_________________________:bolt X
I'll be there. If you see me in a Gravity Hole, Please help :bow and make sure I get some medicine.
:wow :burnout

Movie dogs

woodnsteel said:
Does you're dog like peanut butter too?

Interesting bit of trivia. In the forties and fifties when the movie script called for talking dogs, they would give them peanut butter. The dogs found the peanut butter tasty but difficult to chew causing them to make unusual mouthing movements. This would be filmed and human voices would be dubbed in later on the film.

Unregistered said:
Interesting bit of trivia. In the forties and fifties when the movie script called for talking dogs, they would give them peanut butter. The dogs found the peanut butter tasty but difficult to chew causing them to make unusual mouthing movements. This would be filmed and human voices would be dubbed in later on the film.

It is positively amazing what you learn on this forum.

Can't wait to ride to the rally.

Ian

1st rally and bringing my 10 y/o son

NancyK said:
The Koenemans will be there, Nancy, Scott and the mighty Quinn [age 11 going on 25]. We'll probably be hanging with the Chain Gang again --- anyone else bringing kids?

My 10 y/o son, Zack, will be coming to the 2005 International Rally with me. This will be our 1st MOA International Rally. We will be riding from Perryville, Mo on Wednesday, July 20. I am trying to find a more interesting route than I-70, which would normally be easy, except that I can't take forever with a 10 y/o looking at the back of my helmet for 500 miles.

You may want to check out this thread on a Kid's Ride that Doug Grosjean is putting together. You may also want to contact him for some idea for cool routing as he has done lots of LD riding and has kids. I don't have kids so my idea of fun might be different.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

I meant to post a reply to this thread earlier, but just got my posting pass issued. Anyway, put me down for a big:

XXX

No, that' not an adult movie rating :brow It'll be me, my 15 year old son and a friend of mine. It'll be their first MOA Int'l rally (my 5th). My son's been to the Top O' The Rockies Rally twice so he's had previous exposure to the BMW rally scene. I'll be pulling the cargo trailer with my Kawasaki Concours (my Beemer's a '93 K11RS) so my friend won't feel like an alien on his Yamaha V-Max. I'm working registration on Friday, 8am-12pm shift. If any of y'all are arriving then be sure to say hello to the guy with the black Perry's Motorcycle & Sidecars t-shirt and tan Lindale Eagles Football cap, that'll be me :wave .

Mark Rooney

I hope to be there.

I'm Planning on being there
trying to figure what to wear.
Will bring my conch horn,
and play it early in the morn

Tom42n

Count me in as well....

And camping as well. Somewhere away from Tom and his conch horn.
Will be doing the Beer Tent shift with the Dinky Dozen on Thursday evening.
I lent my tent to a friend who's gone incognito -- so I may have to bring my ten person tent....

Mac

Tom McIntyre said:
And camping as well. Somewhere away from Tom and his conch horn.
Will be doing the Beer Tent shift with the Dinky Dozen on Thursday evening.
I lent my tent to a friend who's gone incognito -- so I may have to bring my ten person tent....

Mac
Carefull what you wish for, my friend.

X, It's in my home State (well, one of them)

X
Vintage Days the weekend before at Mid Ohio. :bikes
Put-in-Bay, in between :drink :clap
Lima, Wednesday thru Saturday :buds :german :beer
SuperBike races on Sunday at Mid Ohio. :usa :bottle

(Whew) :coffee Jim

My son and I are riding up from Ft Lauderdale FL area. Will try to be there Wednesday, but will depend on how our butts hold up.

doug maccoy
r1200rt

Wednesday is better than Thursday

For all you Rally Virgins and First Timers to MOA Nationals:

If you are camping, a Wednesday arrival is FAR BETTER than a Thursday arrival.

When the gates open on Thursday AM, you will see a 21st century re-creation of the "Oklahoma Land Rush" :jawdrop

Tent space will fill up fast, and later arrivals will find their options limited greatly. :doh If you don't mind camping out in the wide open with your neighbors about 200 mm. away from your tent, then come later. :dunno

Folks staying at motels do not have to worry about such nonsense, but they will miss a lot of neat stuff because they are not staying with the masses :dance

Of course, to get in on Wednesday means you have to volunteer to do something at the Rally! :deal I think being a Rally Volunteer is one of the best things you can do at the National! You really get to see how to pull off a party like this each year, and you feel connected to the event. :D

I'll be tending bar @ the Bier Tent on Wednesday night--come on by and visit! :drink

Back