• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

These are BMW MC Boots?

miairhead

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3,040
Yep Amazon

Ask a young guy about Amazon, he say he just purchased something from them. Ask an old guy, you get a river, the old guy may not know where it is but he thinks river.

Yep, future could be interesting, I think about my grand parents, they use to get around on horse carriage. Now my wife spend money on a carriage and horse she does not seem to have time to use (even retired).

I guess just ride and wear what you like, and enjoy the ride. it can be too short.

I'm not sure what the old guy/young guy has to do with these sneakers, but ok... ;)

Must be a 'casual' line of BMW items. But since loads of people wear these things as mc boots, why not join in?
By the way: I see a lot of 'old' people riding 'old' bikes on loafers and casual clothing. I guess it's an old people's thing to call everything they don't like something of the new generation. ;)

(I'm 'old' too, by the way)

Sneaker Boots

As an old guy looking at the picture of the BMW sneaker boot, I am reminded of the PF Flyer "tennis shoes" of my youth in the 1950's. The PF's were high tops just like the ones in the picture and could be identified by a red ball at the back of the heel.

Anyone else remember those or am I the only geezer on this forum?

Bill

If this is there attempt at marketing to a younger crowd they sorely missed the mark.

Isn't there anyone at BMW that has an ounce of style in their bones.

Whenever I go to a BMW/Ducati/Triumph I'm amazed at how beautiful the Triumph and Ducati gear is. It is possible to make something safe and good looking.

My 16 yo son just got a pair of Nike's that look just like these. He won't be using them to ride, but to wear to school. I have plenty of BMW T-shirts and ball caps that don't offer any riding protection, though they are sold by BMW.......

I would think the RR crowd would be wearing track boots and leather, but you never know. Most sport bike riders I see at least have a helmet, unlike the cruiser guys around here.

Didn't those make you "run faster and jump higher?"

I was going to say, "No, . ... . those were Keds, with the blue label on the back."

Turns out it was BOTH Keds and PF PF FLyers... almost.

Run faster, jump farther...
Keds commercial (go into 0:37 seconds): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op3uz24dqXw

Run your fastest, jump your highest...
PF FLyers commercial at 0:11 secs): http://youtu.be/1rUFlXZzbE8

And when was the last time you sat through a 60 second commercial on a daily basis?

As an old guy looking at the picture of the BMW sneaker boot, I am reminded of the PF Flyer "tennis shoes" of my youth in the 1950's. The PF's were high tops just like the ones in the picture and could be identified by a red ball at the back of the heel.

Anyone else remember those or am I the only geezer on this forum?

Bill

Bill.... Your not the only old geezer here. PF Flyers are what I had on when I
walked down to the grocery store to test the tubes from the black and white TV in the
tube tester machine. Must have been around the late 50's. If only life could be
that simple again.

You had shoes!

Seems like it was only yesterday, sitting around the radio. Wakin' barefoot to the general store.

Okay I not really that old, but yep things change: many times to fast it seems.

25 cent a gallon gas anyone.

I just think if BMW was to make boots for some who like sport type shoes, I would think they could do a better job. They did such of good job with the RR that appeals to the sport rider, why suck at the shoe?

This summer I bought a pair of the BMW sneakers. As a geezer, they help me recapture my youth when I wore sneakers. They don't offer the protection of regular boots, but they are much better than the flip flops that the Harley guys are wearing.

They are also nice for walking or just hanging around looking cool.

If I were 40 years younger I would feel that I was "styling" in them, but I know better-----and so does my wife.

How much protection do you need in your Paddock boot?

How many high or low side get-offs have you had on the way to the toolbox from the bike?

Just because some copy writer says you can wear them riding does that make them riding boots?

Why do you assume they are intended for RR riders?

Why do you assume a RR rider would wear them for serious riding?

We own, care for and ride motorcycles. For various and sometimes unknown reason that is what we do.

BMW manufactures and sometimes brands other companies products and sells them. They do that to make a profit because that is what their investors want.

The 'Pit Crew' regularly calls into question my taste and that of BMW's but they all like my roadster

I like many of the gear items at my Fly-Over-Land Triumph dealer (Duc stuff is always to small). Probably have more Triumph labeled things than BMW. However, that is not saying much. I tend to buy un-branded items or take the labels off things that are.

YMMV

Wow all this over a pair of sneakers. :brad

I tend to buy un-branded items or take the labels off things that are.

Ditto.

Anyone remember when automobile dealerships used to drill holes in their cars to affix those die-cast dealer logos plates? This was long before dealers slapped on license plate frames or used adhesive labels.

In 1969 my dad ordered a Platinum Silver Pontiac Gran Prix, it was a beautiful automobile; you may recall it, the hood was the longest in the industry that year. When he went to pick it up he found that the dealer had put his die-cast advertising plate on the trunk lid. He told the salesman that it was going to cost the dealership $100 a month for them to advertise on his new car. They balked of course, and their body shop had to repair his brand new trunk lid before he would accept it.

I even peel the manufacturer's sticker off of my helmets.

Back