• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for standoffs

boofer

Anyone know where to get standoffs for a Big Mac tankbag rack !!

Or, the proper specs to have some machined. I know the male is M5x28, but not sure what other values (female thread depth, etc.) should be? Given the choice of "hex" or "round" what would you choose?

Tim

You may want to either try Bob's BMW or CycleGadgets as I think they both carry them. You can just buy the platten if you need it.

Maybe I had better find those pictures.

They are used for quick detachment of the rack, without messing with the fill cap screws and fill cap o-ring.

Found em

With rack attached

Attachments

• 476162-mount2.jpg
    476162-mount2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 421
Those look like true standoffs, I misunderstood and was talking about the mounting kits that come with the platen. Mine are only bushings.

Last edited:
with all the new members lately, thought i would try again. perhaps someone has some laying around after getting a R1200RT. looking for two sets, thanks

Tim

Back