• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Service at Magic City Cycles in Orlando

BMW of Orlando was the 1st motorcycle shop I ever dealt with.That was 21 years and 2 locations ago.Larry and Anna Caan owned the shop and it was great.Wally was the parts guy back then.After Larry was tragically killed on a new 1200GS,the 1st one they rec'd,Anna sold the shop,all I've heard has been negative.I did visit them for work when they moved to OBT but after Daytona bought them,their prices and PDI rates and other add-ons increased for bike sales.I may be wrong but I believe Daytona got a sweetheart deal on the Orlando franchise since I believe it was a distress situation due to Larry's pasing.If I am wrong,please tell me.
Back in the early 90s it was a good shop.

That would be BMW of Daytona.

I have had good luck with Corey and Magic City Cycles.

My old '00 and now '09 LT have both been serviced there.

Corey has gone to bat for me twice, once with Dunlop and another time with BMW for a cracked fairing part and both time the results have been in my favor.

I recently had the 24K done on my LT and went on a 1500 mile trip the following day and all was well.

so I would give Magic City Cycles a :thumb

I have also been to BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta for an on the road tire change and they have a GREAT store and repair shop for the time I was there.

I would go to BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta gain if I had the chance.

Oh and a plus for BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta was that the owners are there and in the shop... I have no clue who the owners of Orlando Magic City Cycles are...

I have many friends in Orlando having lived there for 18 years prior to retirement.
They will never see a penny from me either.I have heard mostly negative comments from riders.There are 2 good dealers down this way-Hap's in Sarasota and BMW Motorcycles of Ft Myers.Not quite as absurd as riding up to Gritsville for service.

Read the whole thread and tell me if you really think they did a good job for me, or if they stepped up. Ultimately, they were unable to even figure out what they had done wrong (damaged the radiator cap), although they certainly had no qualms about taking all the time they wanted trying to figure it out while I was paying by the hour for their ineptitude. Nothing against Cory personally...he's a very nice guy, but given the hours of mine they wasted, and the money spent I'd be stupid to go there again. Just saying....

One of our riding buddies did buy a GTL from them, but according to Dan, Magic City will never lay a wrench on it....ever. He was on the trip (for me) from hell and knows first hand what they did and did not do.

Follow uo

I just spoke with the General Manager at Magic City. We had a good conversation, he stepped up to the plate, and in short, I'm satisfied.:)

so sorry about the Magic City Cycle problems

Although I do most of the simple stuff on the LT myself, I do trust Corey and the guys there..

I have spent a few minutes in the shop speaking with each technician who was working on my bike and stayed out of their way, but respectfully asked questions and observed when I could.

I recently purchased another 09 K1200lt from a person who got the bike from Magic City new and had Corey "replace" the factory suspension, side and center stands. ( the original owner was a bozo and had the bike lowered and I did not like the ride of the lowered bike).

With all this being said I still like and trust the Magic City Cycle guys and would trust them to do the harder work that I cannot do or do not feel comfortable doing.

I still give Corey and the service department :thumb:thumb

I tried to buy my new R1200R from them. never called me back. Never responded to my email. If that's all the enthusiasm they can muster for a SALE...? Not trusting them for anything else. Also tried to buy from the Daytona shop. The exact quote of the sales manager was "This is not a distress item that we need to sell for $2,000 discount." (They had the sticker on the bike - exactly the same one I purchased from Haps in Sarasota - marked at $16k+ and I happen to know the MSRP is under $15k.

Unfortunately, it's a long way to Sarasota for warranty service if needed (so far all I've had was the dreaded fuel strip failure). But I'd ride 150 miles from Orlando to AVOID these guys. Too bad Tom High at Rennsport Motorrad in Deland can't do warranty work. I intend to take him any non-warranty work I can't do myself.

Bob

+1 on...

I tried to buy my new R1200R from them. never called me back. Never responded to my email. If that's all the enthusiasm they can muster for a SALE...? Not trusting them for anything else. Also tried to buy from the Daytona shop. The exact quote of the sales manager was "This is not a distress item that we need to sell for $2,000 discount." (They had the sticker on the bike - exactly the same one I purchased from Haps in Sarasota - marked at $16k+ and I happen to know the MSRP is under $15k.

Unfortunately, it's a long way to Sarasota for warranty service if needed (so far all I've had was the dreaded fuel strip failure). But I'd ride 150 miles from Orlando to AVOID these guys. Too bad Tom High at Rennsport Motorrad in Deland can't do warranty work. I intend to take him any non-warranty work I can't do myself.

Bob

...Tom High. Known him for 20+ years. He's my go to guy for the few things I don't/can't do myself.

Tom can bring them back from the dead!

I've known and ridden with Tom High for about 20 years, and I know he knows how to bring bikes back from the dead. He blew up in KY on the way to the DuQuoin National Rally, way back in the past century. Got a good HD owner from KY to take him and his bike to DuQuoin IL. He sat down under a pitiful shade tree and did a engine transplant in the middle of the national rally. BMW of St. Louis found a spare airhead engine, and he used his tools and a few borrowed ones and rebuilt his bike. We rode back to NC after the rally, and he rode back to FL. That bike "Gretchen"(and that engine) is still running. He knows his BMW's, especially the airheads. A good mechanic, and a good friend.:thumb

Let me get right the point-there is nothing MAGIC about that dealership since it was sold to BMW of Daytona.

Magic City Cycles Orlando

Just had the 12k service done on my '11 R1200r Classic. The service was performed as stated but nothing spectacular about the parts department (was that tactful enough?). Bought this bike from European Motorcycles of Western Oregon in Eugene in June 2014 with 1167 miles on it or thereabouts. Madeline and the parts guys were marvelous folks to work with; note I said nothing about service or sales department. Had the 6k service (4750 on the odo and no records of a 600 break in checkup) done in Denver at BMW of Denver, absolutely wonderful folks to work with, great bunch in every department! Had Michelin RP4 mounted in NH @ MAX BMW and again great guys that I worked with. MAX BMW in S. Windsor, CT did a quick computer reset for me and advised how best to handle disintegrating tank bag - another great shop. Got to Orlando and scheduled the 12k service, the quote was loose @ $600 - $700 and final bill came to $775.00. Showed the problem with the tank bag, zipper doesn't stay closed and both pull tabs broke off; been 10 days now with no word. I did call after one week which was the approximate timeline I was given for hearing from BMW corporate but when I called was told "haven't heard anything yet, told you I'd call you when I heard" which was news to me. All in all - Max BMW and BMW of Denver both top shelf, use either in a heart beat. Western Oregon and Magic City? KSU and find someone else to deal with - all this is IMHO.

I use Rennsport Motorrad in Deland Fl.:thumb
JMHO, but once BMW of Daytona bought Orlando BMW some years ago and rebranded it as Magic City Cycles, it went down the tubes.:sick

Back