Thread: Service at Magic City Cycles in Orlando

Hybrid View

Service at Magic City Cycles in Orlando

I've always had my bike serviced at BMW of Daytona, but it's a hike over from Orlando. I was wondering if anyone has had service done at the BMW dealer in Orlando, Magic City Cycles (formerly BMW of Orlando)? I need some service done on my K1200LT but don't want to trust it to just anyone. I'd appreciate any comments, good or bad. TIA!

Thumbs up

I believe that the Orlando BMW dealership is owned by BMW of Daytona. The service should at least be on a par with Daytona.
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

Rally Rat
    I have been a long-time customer of the BMW Orlando shop and bought 2 new bikes from them. I have had a few issues in the past, but in the last few months I have had 2 major warranty items addressed. The service manager, Corey, was very professional. He rapidly diagnosed my problems, ordered the parts, and promptly scheduled installation. The service tech that worked on my bike was neat and efficient. He explained the work, delivered in the time promised, and returned the bike in a neat and clean order.

I particularly like dealing with Wally Murphy, the parts manager. He has always been pleasant and efficient. Any order request by phone is promptly filled.

In short, I am a happy customer.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a shot.

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    How did you make out? I had heard less than stellar reviews from some local folks... always nice for a 2nd opinion though...

Thumbs up

Dropped the bike off on a Saturday afternoon about 4:00. I was met by the Service Manager, Corey, who was friendly and knowledgeable. I had a intermittent starting issue....and the bike was due for the 36K service. Corey took all the information down, then gave me an estimate for the 36K service.... He said they would look at the bike and let me know what they had found with regards to the starting issue.

As promised, I got a call from Corey the following Tuesday. He told me the issue was a flat spot on the starter. He gave me the estimate for installing a new one, which included a pretty decent discount on the labor because the bike was already apart for the 36K service. However, it was still quite steep (about $600 for the new starter if I recall correctly). After talking through my options, I told Corey this would have to be something that would have to wait....just couldn't stomach a $2,200 service bill right now. I'd expected it to the be expensive, but that was a bit much. Corey told me he'd see if he could find used or a rebuilt starter that would shave some $$ off. He also mentioned that my front tire would need replacing soon (I knew that, but appreciated the fact that they were checking everything). since they had the bike completely apart, I had them go ahead and do a valve adjustment (greatly reduced labor cost) as well.

Several hours later, Corey called back to tell me he'd found a rebuilt starter, that had a warranty, and would cost about $400 less. This was still a bunch of $$, but I decided to pull the trigger anyway. I asked if he could get everything done by the upcoming Saturday (Labor Day weekend), and he told me he'd try. We talked about one other warranty issue that ended up not being an issue at all.

A day later, Corey called back to tell me he had received the rebuilt starter, but it would not work in my bike, becuase it was for a newer LT and the reverse was different. He told me that the company had agreed to rebuild my starter and give me a 1 year warranty. No change to the price. I authorized the work and Corey sent my starter out to be rebuilt, which took 2 days.

I got a call Saturday morning and Corey said the bike was almost done, and should be ready by early afternoon. I got another call about 2:00 telling me that the only thing left to do was a full test ride by the Tech. I got to the dealership about 4:00, and the bike was ready as promised. The Tech, Dean (I think that was his name) told me he'd put about 30 miles on it checking it out and had no issues. I rode home that afternoon and had no problems. The final cost was exactly what Corey had quoted....steep, but accurate.

Today, I took the bike out on an extended run, about 150 miles, and everything worked just fine. Next week we are heading out on a 3,000+ mile ride, and it's nice to know everything is in good working order. In short, they'll get my business again. While I hate the price, I like the way Corey and his crew handled the work. Like every dealer, it's expensive, but at least they have the parts and knowledge to do things correctly the first time.

Hope that answers your questions, but if not, post up and I'll try again .