• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Raingear

Frog Toggs: Best bang for the buck and light to pack.

I found that in the torrential hurricane-like rainstorms here in south Florida they work best if put on under my Aerostich suit. I put the hood up and then put the helmet on over it. This prevents the rain drip down the back of the neck. If you put the front of the hood under the helment chin strap you are completely water resistant.

i have a Triumph (as in Triumph motorcycles) one piece rain suit. if you take proper care to connect all the velcro in order it is just about bullet proof. i've used it in extreme downpours on all day rides with really great results, even on the Isle of Man and in England. i will admit that if you forget something like your keys in a pants pocket, you have to practically come all the way out of the suit to get to your pocket, however.

i bought mine in 2008 and at the time it was around 100.00 (USD). one other word- they run large. i am normally a medium sized guy and i have a small suit. and it is borderline huge on me. i read a lot of reviews before going this route.

I just bought the latest version of this suit in hi-viz. Once you get the hang of it, it goes on very fast. Excellent gear.

I have the BMW Pro Rain 3, and don't regret it at all!!! The one piece proved itself over and over in the worst conditions! It almost makes riding in the rain a blast! Well made! The suit don't creep up, and there's plenty of room for comfort!The bright yellow is very visible, and looks sharp!!

+1 on the Pro Rain 3

I just bought the latest version of this suit in hi-viz. Once you get the hang of it, it goes on very fast. Excellent gear.

i love mine, tho never having had anything but, i have zippo for comparison basis. i DO know this suit works well, tho.

Well I just received my Frogg Toggs in the mail ---------- and my first impression is --------what the hell are these made of ?
Feels like some sort of wrapping material, or maybe Postal Service shipping package. Heavy gauge Tyvek ?
Well I'll be waiting for the next rain to try these out. And if I get lost I'll slap some postage on my forehead and jump into the back of a UPS truck.

Back