My brother is looking to buy a BMW bike out of state. He plans to fly out to the seller's location and buy the bike and ride it home. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what are the procedures/issues/cautions/laws, for a bike from Waqshington state to Wisconsin? I bet some issues are:
1. Get the VIN number from the seller to to able to get a Wisconsin license plate. Fly to seller location with the new license plate in hand.
2. Pay the sales tax in the state of sale or state of licensing?
3. Obtain the title upon paying for the bike, and then transfer the title when in Wisconsin? Title must be signed to buyer to move the bike across state lines.
4. Insurance coverage for the trip from WA to WI, again dependent on getting the VIN.
5. Do a VIN search to assure the bike is clear in the seller's hands.
6. Get some maintenance history on the bike from the seller and/or local dealer.
So what other things to consider and plan for?