• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

After trial and error, I gought a pair of BMW Contour Boots

mistercindy

After trial and error, I bought a pair of BMW Contour Boots

I've spent a couple of years trying to buy a boot that I liked. Several years ago I bought a pair Cruiserworks Men's Tour boots. They're easy to slip on, very comfortable, waterproof, but have little to no retention. I fundamentally don't feel secure on them at highway speed.

So last year I bought a pair of Sidi Champions which, while very comfortable and secure, are 1) not made of leather and didn't breathe and so that after a full day of hard riding my feet would look like prunes after a long day in the tub, and 2) are a pain in the butt to put on because the straps are on the outside of your leg.

So I read a ton of posts and articles, and today sprung for a pair of BMW Contours. I bought them at my local dealer in Plano. He did me good on the price, too. $295 with tax. After 50 or so miles today they seem darn nice. Easy to put on, secure on the bike, and comfy for walking. I'll still wear my Cruiserworks Tour boots for short hops around town, but hopefully, these BMW Contours will be my boots for the next 100,000 miles.

Last edited:
Grant - I bought Contours a year ago, switching out of a pair of Red Wings. They have performed perfectly. I think you'll be very happy.

Steve

While the BMW gear - jackets, boots, gloves, etc - are expensive, I've always been happy with thier performance.

Last year I popped $600.00 for the Rally 2 jacket and it's by far the best jacket I have ever had. It has a ton of ventilation and I have yet to be hot in it. I also have a pair of the BMW Gortex rain gloves ($75.00) and those too are very nice.

BMW gear reminds me of an old saying:

"Never be affraid to buy the best - you'll always be happy with it."

will they stay on?

mistercindy said:
I've spent a couple of years trying to buy a boot that I liked. Several years ago I bought a pair Cruiserworks Men's Tour boots. They're easy to slip on, very comfortable, waterproof, but have little to no retention. I fundamentally don't feel secure on them at highway speed.

I just bought a pair of cruiser works boots, and I am also nervous about them staying on during a crash. I thought MCN rated them high. Very comfortable though.

Oxtar Infinity

I recently bought a pair of Oxtar Infinity boots ($209) which are identical to the BMW Savanna boots; well, identical except for the price and the BMW lettering on the shin. I've only had them a little while, but I'm impressed with how comfortable they are already. They have adjustable buckles which let you adjust the snugness of the boot. They are a little heavy, but if they prove to be as comfortable over the long term I'd strongly recommend them. I think I ordered them through Motorcycleclosouts.com

Marty

The Contour boots are great all-around boots. They are good in the rain, they are comfortable, they look good, and you can walk around in them. Good choice. And I think it's great that you support your local BMW dealer.

Back