• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Does anyone make one of these?

P

Peter_Krynicki

An electronic unit I can plug into a wall outlet in my garage, then plug in the "cigarette lighter" type plug into it? Instead of moving the jeep and bike around so that the phug and tire connector will each reach?

Thanks

Could you please be a little more specific about exactly what you are trying to do?
Are you trying to extend a battery charger, or a tire pump?
Both issues can be solved with a simple extension cord.

The last two look like they will work. I'm going to print out the pages and stop by the local PEP boys and see what they have to offer.

Thanks!

If you don't find what you are looking for at PEP boys, Radio Shack has the same item.

The one I have at my desk at work to charge my phone: Cat. No 22-505A

Check two things:

How many amps will your load need, and how many amps the little unit can put out.

Some may work fine to charge a cell phone and fail to power a tire pump.

Once I knew what they were called it was amazing how many of there there are. I ordered a one made by Black & Decker and will report on how well it works out. If it just works with either of the two tire pumps I have, it will save a lot of hassel.

Back