• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The back way to Bike Week

Our barn raising was this week

As a follow up to the story, here is a couple snaps of our barn's timberframe completely set up (or erected, as they say in the biz...) heh heh... he said wood! :D

Ian

barn_sunset1.jpg

frame_sunset.jpg

Great!

What a great journal with outstanding photography. Here I sit with my first cup of coffee this morning needing a little motorcycle story to start my day and bang, up comes your journal and I'm right there with you. I really like your writing style and enjoyed the Fla. Pics very much. Ride safe and keep posting these great stories.

Dale in Macon

Atfter looking at your pictures, I am interested in going next year. How far south would I have to drive to get out of snow before rolling the bike off the trailer and finishing the trip on two wheels?

BUMP

If there's anyone planning a ride to Bike Week, this is the way I usually go.

Beats the dickens out of the slab.

Ian

You better not have spoiled it. We usually only see about 6 bikes from Athens to Jacksonville on this route. :)

You better not have spoiled it. We usually only see about 6 bikes from Athens to Jacksonville on this route. :)

I've had a bunch of friends tell me that they've enjoyed this ride, but I think most stick to the expressway and hammer down, much faster. :nod

Ian, we're going to the TT races, since this is brand new do we want tickets in the lower level start/finish or the mid level start/finish? We usually go the the flat track which is outside the stadium.

Ian, we're going to the TT races, since this is brand new do we want tickets in the lower level start/finish or the mid level start/finish? We usually go the the flat track which is outside the stadium.

I would pick the lower level myself to get as close to the track as possible.... but not so close that people walking along the fence block your view.

Haven't been to buy my tickets yet, but it would be **awesome** if they let you sit/stand on the tri-oval right next to the track, like they do with Supercross.

However, I think the speeds are going to be a lot higher on this dirt track.....

Ian

Thanks Ian, we haven't been to a race in the stadium except for historic racing and then there were bleachers in the infield.

Fantastic ride review! I travel from Atlanta to Vero Beach a few times each year and I love the backroads of south Georgia and Florida. My goal each trip is to avoid the expressway and turnpike as much as possible and the character of the backroads is amazing! It's a long all-day trip to get there, but the journey is tremendously rewarding!

IMG_0183 (2).jpg

Back