• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

consecutive national Ralleys

eelmauer

I know that the National has been held every year since 1973. I have also heard that there are still a few mebers from that original group. My Question; Who has been to the most consecutive Ralleys in a Row? Any answers?

IIRC, there were two people introduced at the National closing ceremonies who have been to all rallys. I think one is the previous/former MOA president, Keith Dempster, who had to step down due to health issues. That's from memory re: Keith.

Norm Phoenix and Keith Dempster

Pioneers who have attended all 39 rallies:
Norm Phoenix
Keith Dempster

38 rallies: Gil Laird

37 rallies: Dave Swisher, Milton Hall

Quite a few;

8 of the last 9, 19 total for myself beginning in '78 Vermont. Riding to all 39 is a big deal indeed:). Keith was in PA, but looked a tad too old to ride perhaps anymore. Wish him the best. I'm still working, not retired:( at 58. GSA1200, GS Giant:thumb:dance

This year marked my 25th National Rally in a row, starting with Escanaba. There are very few people I know who would allow their club tell them where they are going on vacation every year.

There have a been a couple of times I thought, "Why in the world would I want to go to [example] "Flagstaff" in July?!?! But once I arrived, I understood. Thank you to the BMW MOA for expanding my horizons and taking me to places I never would have considered traveling to, on my own.

:thumb

North again;

USA is OK, but lets find the far North USA soon again:) Love the cooler nights, or somewhere in the BIG mountains with cool:). Randy:thumb

USA is OK, but lets find the far North USA soon again:) Love the cooler nights, or somewhere in the BIG mountains with cool:). Randy:thumb

Altitude is more important than latitude. I rode 500 miles north but dropped 2,000' in altitude when I went to Bloomsburg. The temperature was about 15 degrees warmer "up North".

This year marked my 25th National Rally in a row, starting with Escanaba. There are very few people I know who would allow their club tell them where they are going on vacation every year.

I started riding BMW's in 1983, and my first National was 1984 (the 1st Missoula) :D

I missed the next 2 and Flagstaff, otherwise have attended 25 of the last 28 rallies.
The rally is an opportunity to see friends/family that I might not see otherwise!

Have met some great people and had some wonderful times!!:german

21 of the last 30- there were a few years when I was married, or in love(not all the same years!) and one or two years when I had a new boat on the lake....

Started at Loretta Lynn's Dude Ranch, Hurricane Mills, TN in 1981; served beer there, in killer heat and humidity! Down in those trees there was no wind at all- but the creek was nice.

Never been to one I didn't volunteer at- gopher, gate, security, bartender, registration, ice sales....

Chaired something for at least 10 of them. This way, my rally is a week long!

Like Sue, I'm grateful to the MOA for giving me an excuse to ride to/through lots of beautiful places I wouldn't have thought to go to on my own. Long ago got the last of the 50 states, and all the provinces- lots of miles, lots of smiles! Lots of it on the way to and from the MOA Rally.

I like the years that the rally is far away, cause I get to spend my summer going the long way to & from.
I like the years the rally is close to home, cause it leaves time for local rides and doing other things closer to home.
I like the rally being in July, see no reason to change any part of the where & when. Pretty used to the newbies whining about long rides and tough weather after every national...and happy that the whiners haven't succeeded in changing anything major.

:dance See you in MO!

Back