• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

never heard this before

rebake

Cindylu and i were in a diner in Cooperstown,N.Y. on the way home from the rally.The waitress took notice of my Savanna2 suit and says "You look like a hit man."I laughed and said -well it is new york.Then i told her i wanted good service or else you know what.So anyone ever heard anything like this?Ed

I have heard "power ranger" and "construction worker", never hit man.

When on my LT some punk said sarcastically "what is that some kind of Bat bike" of course his t shirt was V-twin related. I suspect he may have impotence issues later in life.

We were having breakfast at a small diner in PA when a large group of little old ladies came in. One asked me why I had a wristband on and I said I was on a day pass from the local insane assylum.

We sure got some strange looks for a while before I told her that we were at a rally!:wave

Along the way to the rally there were a couple times when we were questioned about our riding gear. My reply, "I'm dressed well for sliding down the highway at 60mph." Then came the deer-in-the-headlights look, after which I explained the full function of the gear.

Before I retired I had a job. There was a convenience store on the corner a block from my office at City Hall. I got gas there fairly often. I had one of those early Aerostich Roadcrafter suits they called gray which was really more or less pale green. I walked in wearing the Stich one day and the latent genius working the register asked me, "Are you some kind of paratrooper or something". I responded in a whisper, "Task force Delta. We have a mission. Don't tell anybody and don't go outside for a little while".

By the time I got to my office one block away the Shift Sergeant at the police department was in the hall laughing. It seems he got a call from the convenience store asking what was going on and based on the description figured it was me. You just can't make stuff like this up.

Up here in Wisconsin, I am frequently asked why I am wearing a snowmobile suit in the summer.

I guess it's just what people are used to seeing up here in the land of the "Frozen Tundra" (uh, that would be Lambeau Field, for those who do not follow football)

People seem to get out my way when I enter a building - they think I'm a fireman. Oh, well, that's what a yellow Stitch will do for ya.

Between having a bit of a gut and wearing a 1 piece, red rain suit, I've been accused of being a gaint Oompa-Loompa and an overgrown teletubbie all in the same day... but never a hit man.

"is that one of them fancy new air conditioned suits?" Mind you it was in the high 80's and we were on a charity ride.

"Nope, this is part of my weight reduction program."

Or "Luke, Come to the Dark Side!"

Back