• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Poll for the timing of rally

Should the rally date be changed to a cooler time of the year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doubleplay

Let's try to do an unofficial poll here. Please post YES or NO only. No comments!!!!

Question:

Should the rally date be changed to a cooler time of the year?

YES or NO ONLY!!!!

Thanks

Last edited:
The unscientific poll is absurd. A couple hundred responses better not and will not influence the board of directors.

Fred

I would bet less than 20% of the members even come to the forum. besides a poll here is about useless, one guy can vote 8,000 times to sway the results.

besides a poll here is about useless, one guy can vote 8,000 times to sway the results.

not so, the forum software prevents this.

however, this poll is super invalid wrt accepted statistical practices, and fraught with self-selection error at a minimum.

i've got my opinion, but am not going to vote in this poll.

polls on forums are more for fun. if you want to have your voice heard, send an e-mail to board@bmwmoa.org

ian

well gladly this software prohibits this. but i am in agreement with you, email those who change things. not voting either.

i've got my opinion, but am not going to vote in this poll.

polls on forums are more for fun. if you want to have your voice heard, send an e-mail to board@bmwmoa.org

ian

+1 on the not voting in this poll

Also, sending an e-mail or letter (help keep the post office solvent :) )to the board or run for the board at the next election!

One Man and One MOA Club's Opinion; posted to www.azbeemers.org/forum Charter No. 89.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=54819 There is a very interesting poll going on currently at the BMW MOA Forum. The voting is whether to move the Annual International Rally to cooler months. I see that AZ-J, myself and many others here in the Southwest that I personally know have voted Yes; moving the Rally to June or perhaps August/September.

Of course, one of the pluses for us living in the Southwest is that moving the Rally to either June, August or September means that we may have the Big Rally in our own backyard for a nice change; instead of it always being in July at a hot rally site 1K+ miles away from us! Certainly vote as you see fit, but having the Rally in the Southwest would be a very welcome change!

Last time MOA gave us a Rally here in the Southwest was in 1995 at Durango, Colorado Fairgrounds with Rally Chair Larry Stonestreet; great Rally, I was there and we're way overdue for SW-USA MOA meet!

For the ones who are voting or not voting, please keep your comments to yourself or post them on another thread.
NO MORE COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!!! VOTING ONLY!!!

Better poll

I think you should have a poll to find out how many members want to move the rally to a time and place with perfect weather. Don't forget the rain. Make sure you let people vote for what they really want, a cooler dry place.

Now that you have your poll, who will be in charge of selecting the location? Anyone want to volunteer for that apparently thankless job?

Mary
2007 R1200RT

I think we need a poll to find out who are sick of reading all the whining about the weather from people who were never there poll...:violin

Slanted questions make for poor results

A better poll would have been;

Which part of the year would you prefer to attend a rally?

What is the likelihood you WOULD attend?

How many national rallys have you attended in the past 3 years?

I am sure others can think of other shortcomings; but come on, the poll above is so slanted that you can't put a side stand down on it.

I'm used to discrete voting, where no one knows how you voted. Why the display of names?

For me it's simple: if a rally is going to be an endurance contest of how much discomfort you can put up with, I'm not going.

In the middle of the summer, if I get a chance to do a road trip, I'm heading north. And I already live in the north. The AC on my bike is broken. I'll have to notify BMWNA about this chronic problem.

Harry

I now have been to two consecutive MOA Annuals. One in Oregon and now Pennsylvania. I live in Arizona. I have spent thousands of dollars going to them. I get so excited to attend the rally, the seminars, the thousands of bikes to look at and the vendors who sell what I like to buy. IT"S GREAT except for one thing that will keep me from going again,ever!!!!!

Oppresive heat. The heat both years turned an event that I look forward to going to into a survival coarse.

Smarten up MOA and change the dates of the rally.

RML

I liked the Bloomsburg venue. Plenty of venders food/gear, large camping area, many good roads and places of interest. We just lost out to mother nature. Looking at the temp norms for Bloomsburg we should have had cooler weather.
The selection committee does not have an easy job and I would like cooler conditions but, cannot accurately forecast weather 12>13 months down the road.

Back